Four

The doorbell rang and Katherine heard Adelaine running towards it.

"Addy wait!" her pregnant mother tried to follow behind her.

"it's aunt shelley" the little girl yelled.

Katherine furrowed her brows realizing Shelly wasn't coming over today. When Katherine got to the door and opened it her eyes widened. At first she thought she was imagining things but when she heard the sound of her little girls voice she was brought back to reality.

"Daddy!" Adelaine screamed and launched herself into his arms. "You came back!"

Dylan wrapped his arms around her with tears in his own eyes. "Oh my baby." he squeezed his eyes shut and hugged her close.

"Dada." Adelaine cried making Katherine's heart break a little.

"It's okay, Im right here." he whispered, his voice cracking just a little bit.

"Are you mad at me?" she asked him. Katherine felt her throat begin to warm up just watching Dylan.

"Baby Im not mad at you." he said.

"We left you."

"No you didn't. It was my fault okay? Mommy just wanted a break and she wanted a vacation."

"She say we might not see you again." Adelaine frowned.

"That was my fault too." he told her. "But I love you so much, you don't forget that."

"I love you too daddy." she hugged him again and he stood up with her in his arms.

"Kath..."

She held a hand up before running out of the doorway and down the hall.

"She sick Daddy." Adelaine told her. Dylan ran after Katherine and found her throwing up over the toilet.

"Hey," he set Addy down and moved to pull Katherine hair back. Then he tired to rub her back but she pushed him off.

"Don't touch me." she snapped at him. Addy looked down at the ground before walking over to rub her moms back.

"It's okay mama." she told her. Katherine whimpered and threw up her lunch. When she finished, Dylan left the bathroom with Addy while she cleaned up.

"What are you doing here?" Katherine crossed her arms.

"We really need to talk." he told her.

"About?"

"The baby obviously." he snapped. "And my daughters."

"They're not-"

"They are my damn daughters; legally or not." he said.

"Daddy?" Adelaine grabbed his hand.

"Hey why don't you go play and I'll be up there in just a second." he told her.

"Okay. don't leave please." she said with begging eyes.

"I'm not leaving you again." he kissed her head making her smile. She ran upstairs and Dylan looked back at Katherine. "She looks taller than before you left."

"She's grown three inches." Katherine said. "Now answer me, why are you really here?"

"Youre pregnant with my baby." he stated. She rolled her eyes.

"So?"

"So I want to be involved in his or her life. And I want to be involved with Amelia and Adelaine."

"You chose to leave me Dylan." Katherine looked at the floor with tears in her eyes.

"I know and I made a huge mistake. I realized right when you left me at Tyler's house. James wasn't the issue, I was just scared and it's all my fault, everything that has happened." he stepped towards her but she moved back.

"Dylan, everything is just so stressful right now and you broke my heart when you left me with a note. A note, telling me that we're not together anymore. And to top it off when I tried to tell you I was pregnant you never responded."

"I had no idea you were pregnant."

"If I had told you that day at Tyler's, would you have only stayed with me for the kid?"

"I-I-" he sighed. "I wanted to be with you anyways. I still want to be with you."

"How's your new little girlfriend?" she turned around and grabbed a laundry basket from the floor to carry into the living room.

"Kath..."

"What's her name huh?" she angrily threw clothes into the basket.

"Katherine, calm down."

"How long have you been dating? I bet you weren't thinking about us when you decided to date another girl."

"You're the one that left Katherine."

"You're the one that broke up with me." she turned to glare at him with tears in her eyes. His gaze softened as she choked back tears. "I loved you, I wanted you over any guy that were to ever come along, I loved you."

"I know and Im so sorry baby." he cupped her cheeks. "Leslie was just a damn distraction and I could never get you out of my mind."

"You can't just play her like that." she sniffled.

"I know but, Katherine I'll always want to be with you. And now you're pregnant and I don't want you leaving again because I want to be with all four of you again."

"Dylan, you really hurt me." she looked down. He rubbed his thumb against her cheek and tilted her head up again.

"I love you so much Katherine. Please let me help you out. We don't even have to get back together I just want to have a part in our baby and our girls lives."

Katherine grabbed his hand and set it on her bump. Dylan's mouth dropped open when he felt a small pressure against his hand.

"Oh my gosh." he moved his other hand beside it and rubbed it gently.

"He's kicking." she said with a small smile.

"He?"

"Well we don't really know but I want a boy." she said.

"Wow I-I can't believe this is real. Like I-I'm actually gonna have a baby?"

"Mhm." she hummed.

"Daddy?" they both looked over and saw Amelia rubbing at her eyes as she looked at Dylan.

"Hi baby." Dylan's eyes welled up as he squatted down.

"Dada!" she ran into his arms and clung to his neck. Adelaine came down the stairs as well and ran to hug him.

"I love you both so much." Dylan choked on his words. Adelaine kissed his cheek while Amelia hugged him tightly.

"I love you daddy." they both whispered back.

Katherine watched them with tears in her eyes as she rubbed her bump. She looked down at it and sighed.

Her girls need Dylan.

•~•~•