Sixteen

"A date!?"

I jumped at the sound of my front door opening and slamming closed before Phoebe and Shelley entered the room.

"You're going on a date with Dylan and you didn't tell me?" Phoebe asked. I looked at Shelley who smiled sheepishly.

"First of all it is not a date." I pointed out. "It's just two friends going out to dinner."

"Going out. You're going out with him!" Shelley exclaimed.

"No, I'm not." I said and continued to pick up the girls toys from all over the living room. "He wanted it to be a date but I said that I haven't been on a date in over two years so he said it doesn't have to be a date."

"Why wouldn't you want it to be a date?" they asked me.

"This is Dylan O'Brien we're talking about."

"Really Pheebs? I thought it was Chris Evans." I said sarcastically. They both rolled their eyes. "Listen, do I like Dylan? Yes. But as a friend. We haven't even known each other for more than a month and up until a month ago he didn't even know who I was. And did you see the comments I've been getting recently?"

"Those are just jealous fan girls who know they don't have a chance with him." Shelley rolled her eyes.

"Maybe in a couple months after him and I get to know each other more. But right now, we're just friends." I told them. They both let out annoyed sighs. "Buuuut," they looked at me with raised brows. "Can you help me get ready?"

"YES!"

- - -

"Mommy, where are you going?" Adelaine asked me as she walked into the living room with Amelia.

"Mommy's going on a date!" Phoebe shouted from the kitchen.

"I'm not your mommy!" I shouted back.

"You go on date?" Amelia asked.

"Is it with Dylan!?" Adelaine asked and I was taken aback by her excitement.

"Yes, I'm going out to dinner with Dylan." she started jumping up and down. "But it's not a date." her smile dropped which kind of made me feel bad.

"But mama, he's nice!" she exclaimed. I chuckled a little bit.

"Yes I know he's nice. That's why I'm gonna go have dinner with him." I told her.

"Can we go?" Amelia asked adorably.

"Im sorry baby but you guys are gonna stay here with Aunt Phoebe and Aunt Shelley." I said. The doorbell rang making my eyes widen.

"I'll get it!" Adelaine shouted and before I could stop her she was running for the door. I chased after her and picked her up by her waist before she could open the door.

I opened it and she started flailing around in my arm. Dylan raised his brows at us with an amused look.

"Hi." I smiled. Adelaine licked my arm making me scrunch my face up and drop her on her butt. "Ew!"

"Shut up mommy." she stood up straight and I raised my brows at her bluntness. "Where are you taking my mama?" she asked Dylan with crossed arms and a puffed out chest.

"Well, it's gonna be a surprise." he told her.

"Whisper." she tapped her ear making him laugh and kneel down. He whispered something in her ear and she nodded. "Okay. Back by eight o'clock because that's my bedtime!" she pointed a finger at him.