Twenty-One

"Dylan!" I shrieked as he threw me onto the couch then climbed on top of me.

"What?" he asked innocently.

"You are one strange little man." I teased as I draped my arms over his shoulders.

"Hey, trust me, I'm not little." he smirked. I slapped his shoulder and tried to roll out from under him but he grabbed my waist. "Wait, don't go." he pouted.

"Dylan, you're heavy." I groaned when he laid down on top of me with his head in the crook of my neck.

"Stay with me and I'll get up." he mumbled into my neck.

"But I'm hungry." I whined.

"I leave in two days and I want to spend time with you." he said making me sigh.

"Oh yeah. You're going to film the Maze Runner huh?" I asked sadly.

"Mhm." he hummed and tightened his grip on my waist.

"How long are you gonna be gone?" I asked.

"Months. But I'll try to come back as much as I can." he looked up at me while I messed with the hair on the back of his neck.

"You're gonna miss Halloween?"

Dylan sighed and sat up.

"I'm sorry Kath. I wish that filming started later but it doesn't." he ran a hand down his face.

"It's okay." I sat up next to him. "It's just that the girls were looking forward to showing you their costumes." I told him sadly.

"They still can! You can send me pictures and facetime me." he said.

"I know. Amelia was excited to go trick or treating with you since it's her first real Halloween where she can actually go up to the doors and stuff." I told him.

"Hey, I'll be back before you know it." he looked at me and tilted his head adorably. "You wanna give me a kiss goodbye?"

"Shut up." I pushed his face away and laughed.

"Hey, worth a shot."

- - -