Fifty

"Pregnant?"

Phoebe and Shelley stared at Katherine in disbelief. The blonde woman had tears streaming down her face. She was sat right in front of them on a coffee table.

"Is it Dylan's?"

"How far along are you?"

"Does he know?"

"Do the girls and James know?"

"Guys." Katherine squeezed her eyes shut. "Yes, the baby is Dylan's and no he does not know."

"How far along are you?" Phoebe asked.

"Uh a month I think. I was gonna go to the doctors appointment but I wanted him to be there..." she trailed off.

"Oh Kath we're so sorry." Shelley out here hand on Katherine's knee.

"I was gonna go tell him. He's at Tyler's and maybe if I tell him then he'll come back to me. I just— I need him, I love him so much." Katherine began sobbing again.

"Hey, we can go with you."

"I think I want to go back to Texas." Katherine said softly. Her friends faces dropped. "I finished filming I have no reason to stay here."

"But what about us?" Phoebe asked.

"I'm sorry guys. I'll just go there for a few weeks. My parents were right, I couldn't rely on Dylan." she spoke, heartbroken.

"Kath, you have to tell him about the baby." Shelley told her softly. "It's just wrong if you don't."

"He should at least know."

"Maybe if I tell him, he'll want to get back together." Katherine said trying to be optimistic. Phoebe and Shelley shared a saddened look.

"Honey, no. You just need to tell him
about the baby. If he only stays with you for the baby then that's not right." Phoebe told her truthfully.

Katherine choked back her tears. "But I'd get him back right? I just want him back." her two friends moved to her side as she started sobbing uncontrollably. They hugged her close knowing she was more heartbroken than ever.

———

Katherine took a deep breath as she got to Tyler's house. She heard music blasting inside but that wasn't anything new for Tyler so she thought nothing of it.

Her kids were in the car, suitcases packed. Katherine planned on telling Dylan then leaving for Texas. It might not be the best idea but she didn't know what else to do.

"Katherine?" Tyler spoke in surprise that she was on his doorstep.

She pursed her lips. "I'm sorry it's such short notice I just wanted to try to talk to Dylan but if your busy it's okay, I can leave."

"Hey man whose at the door?" the man himself walked up behind Tyler. His shirt was off and he was in swim trunks same as Tyler. "Katherine." his gaze met hers.

"I was just um- I need to talk to you." she managed to say without getting choked up.

"Oh..." Dylan looked back in the house before his eyes widened. "Ohhh. Shit yeah let's talk outside." he pushed Tyler back and closed the front door.

"I'll just make this quick, um about a week or two before we broke up I started not feeling well and-"

"Dylan! What are you doing?" both their heads snapped towards the side gate where a girl in a bikini walked out. Katherine's mouth dropped open when she realized it was Mandy, his ex.

"You..." she was speechless as she stumbled back slightly.

"Katherine let me explain-" Dylan moved towards her but she stepped back.

"F-First you break up with me, now you're having a pool party with your ex?" she looked at him with a heartbroken expression.

"No Kath we were just hanging out." he said but soon realized that didn't help. Katherine scoffed and spun around to go back to her car.

"Katherine wait!" Dylan tried to go after her but Mandy grabbed his arm.

"Just let her go." she snarked. "She's just jealous."

"With every right to be." Katherine glared at her. "You know what, fuck you Dylan. I tried to do the right thing by coming here but you seem perfectly fine without me. I'll make sure to tell the girls we won't be seeing you any time soon."

"No baby wait please, you've got it all wrong." he begged with tears in his eyes. When Katherine didnt turn around a second time Dylan turned and kicked a giant boulder. "Dammit!" he cried in both pain and frustration.

"Dylan-"

"Fuck off. I didn't even invite you here you just showed up with your friend who happens to be seeing Tyler." Dylan exclaimed. "We didn't do anything but now she thinks we did! I'm never gonna get her back now."

———