Fourtu-One

I woke up the next morning by the feeling of Dylan moving under the covers. Her eyes fluttered open and he nuzzled his head into her neck from behind.

"You awake?" he mumbled. I hummed letting him know I am. He pulled my hip so I was laying on my back and looking up at him while he propped himself up on his elbow. "You okay after last night?"

"Mhm." I nodded with my lips pulled together. "I shouldn't have told them." I put a hand on my forehead and sighed. "Now they know he cheated on me and I don't know how they'll react."

"Hey, it's been three years." he brushed my hair out of my face. "They'll probably be upset and angry towards him but they shouldn't be mad at you."

"What if they are?" I looked at him. "I mean, for three whole years I acted like our marriage just failed when in reality it was a whole catastrophe. I lied to them. My family."

"You didn't want them to know and that's okay." he caressed my cheek. "It's your personal life and sometimes you don't have to want to tell your family about it. I don't tell mine everything about my life."

"You're right." I nodded. He smiled and kissed my forehead.

"You're an amazing mom and an amazing girlfriend. You shouldn't feel bad about doing what was best for your daughters." he told me. I nodded before we heard the door being pushed open and Adelaine walked in with a sleepy Amelia behind her.

Adelaine ran and jumped onto me while Amelia dragged herself over to Dylan's side and lifted her arms up then whined.

He chuckled and lifted her up. She snuggled into him and squeezed her stuffed bunny in between them.

"Goodmorning." Adelaine sat up so she was sitting up on my hips.

"Someone's in a good mood." I laughed.

"Well, I'm excited to go on the airplane later." she said. Oh right, we're leaving later tonight. I tried to get a flight for the morning the next day but they were all booked. "And to be home and sleeping in my own bed."

"Oh really?" I asked and she nodded. "Do you not like Nana and Papa's house?"

"I do but I miss my stuffed animals." she said making us laugh. I looked at Amelia and Dylan and couldn't help the smile on my face.

She was curled under his arm to be as close as possible to him while he looked down at her with such loving eyes it made my heart swell. He stroked her hair while she let out small snores having fallen back to sleep.

There was a knock at the door and we looked over to see Jill.

"Goodmorning." I smiled at her.

"Morning." she smiled before she looked out of the room. "Um, Mom wants to talk to you."

"Now?" I questioned looking back at my boyfriend and kids.

"Mhm." Jill nodded. "Just you."

"All right." I sighed and got out of bed. I didn't bother to change my clothes but I did throw my hair up. "Where is she?"

"Dads office." my sister told me. I huffed and made my way downstairs. When I got down there I opened the office door to see my mom and dad sitting by his desk.

They both looked up at me and I closed the door.

"You wanted to talk to me?" I raised my brows.

"Yes." Mom nodded. "Honey, why didn't you tell us that James cheated on you?"

"Because you all thought he was the golden boy. And I thought that it was best for the girls and I if he just left our lives with no more drama. I knew that Evan would have flipped out and Dad..." I looked at my dad as my voice cracked, "I thought you'd still try to blame me. I thought you'd find a way to blame it on me."