Fourty-Nine

2 months later

liked by james101 and 173,038 others dylanobrien: love of my life

dylanobrien: love of my life

KatherineHolt: hey you said you wouldn't post it
»dylanobrien: i'm sorry baby you look so adorable

james101: lol

user: who's james?

user4: wait is that her ex husband?

username: DONT TELL ME SHES MESSING WITH HIM AGAIN LMAO
»user: bruh she wouldn't do that to dylan

———

When Katherine got home from work she noticed most of the lights off meaning the girls were asleep. She walked upstairs to hers and Dylan's room to see him asleep in bed.

She smiled at his sleeping figure and went into the bathroom. Little did she know Dylan was awake, just rolled over lost in his thoughts.

"Dyl? You awake?" she whispered as she crawled into their bed.

"Hm." he hummed not facing her.

"You okay?" she asked.

Dylan sighed and turned on the bedside lamp. He sat up in bed and messed with his fingers.

"What are you doing?" he whispered.

"What are you talking about?" she furrowed her brows.

"You've just got so much going on. I feel like you're always with James now and I rarely get any alone time with you. And when I do I feel like we either have sex or just sit in silence watching a movie. I just want the love of my life back and my two angels." he looked at her.

"Dylan what are you talking about?" she sat up on knees.

"I feel like I'm losing all three of you because of him!" Dylan's outburst shocked her. He stood up from the bed angrily. "You said nothing would change and I've tried to be supportive because he's their father but I didn't think you'd need to be with him so much."

"Dylan I love you. You know that. James is just trying to be involved with them." she said.

"Well then maybe you guys don't need me anymore if he's so helpful." Dylan grabbed his pillow.

"What are you doing?" Katherine stood up with him.

"I'm gonna go sleep on the couch." he brushed passed her.