Chapter Thirty One

Since there were six of us we had to take two squad cars. I was squished in the middle between Ashton and Calum. The three of us were silent the entire time.

The two officers were conversing up front, my guess was about us. Ashton sighed and slumped in his seat. I rested my head on his shoulder, he rested his head on mine. I knew this was a bad idea..

We pulled up to the police department. The three of us stumbled out of the backseat and followed one officer while another walked behind us. Bianca, Luke, and Michael were already here, sitting in the wooden chairs. When Luke saw me he jumped to his feet. He was instantly grabbed by an officer.

"I'm so sorry," he told me, not breaking eye contact.

I shrugged. I didn't have anything to say to him. I had a bad feeling about this and didn't want to do it. But it was a little late for that.

"All of you, follow me," a man said. We followed single line behind him. He took us deeper into the police department. I've never been here before. Hell, I was never even pulled over since I've been living here.

He opened up a cell and Bianca gasped. "I can't go in there," she said. She sounded like she was going to cry.

"You don't have a choice," we were told. We all walked in. I slumped against the wall, sitting on the dirty floor.

"I'm going to need everyone's name for background checks."

Everyone went down the line. I was last. I sighed. "Paxton Brooks."

He wrote my name down and left. We were all alone.

"Well this sucks," Michael muttered.

"Sorry guys," Luke said. He was on the opposite side of the jail cell from me. "This is all my fault."

Ashton shrugged. "Everyone makes mistakes."

I kept my mouth shut. There was a difference between making a little mistake and being stuck in a fucking jail cell.

"You have a pretty name," Bianca told me.

"Thanks," I muttered. I closed my eyes. My back was killing me, and sitting like this wasn't helping. Everyone else engaged in small talk, probably to make the time go by faster.

"Hey," Michael said sitting next to me.

"Hi."

"Don't be all pissy," Michael said.

I looked at him. "You do realize we are in jail, right? We broke the law, Michael."

He thought about that for a second. Then he shrugged. "None of us have a criminal record that I know of. It's not like we did anything bad. The most horrible thing that happened was me taking Cheetos. I don't think they're going to lock us up for that."

I sighed. "I guess you're right."

Michael slung his arm around me. I leaned against him, just wanting to go to bed. "You know," he spoke up. "You shouldn't be so mad at Luke."

I looked over to him. He was in a deep conversation with Calum. His eyebrows were pulled together.

"He really cares about you Crash," Michael muttered.

"Shut up."

"I'm serious! We were talking a little bit in the cop car. He was so scared that you were going to hate him and never talk to him again. Poor kid almost started hyperventilating."

I looked at Luke again. He was still oblivious to my staring.

"I just want to get out of here," I muttered.