Chapter Sixteen

Turns out Calum is pretty cool. We devoured all the food I bought and he did end up paying for half of it.

"I feel like I'm going to explode," Calum stated as he shoved another gummy worm in his mouth. I had to agree with him.

"I don't think I can move," I admitted with a laugh. I was currently laying on the floor while Calum occupied the couch.

"That's okay. We have a spare bedroom. Or you can just chill on the floor."

I laughed again. Calum burped loudly as he tossed the bag of candy at me. I ate what few were left in there.

The sound of a door opening caught my attention.

"Luke must be home," Calum stated.

"Cal?" Luke called out. I closed my eyes. Why did he have to come back now? I was enjoying myself.

"Yeah."

"Good, you're home. I need to kill some people on black ops and I- oh."

I opened my eyes upon hearing that. Luke was staring at me. I stared right back, remaining silent.

"What's she doing here?" Luke asked looking back at Calum. He was acting like I was deaf. I rolled my eyes.

"I found her at the grocery store and invited her. Apparently you two have some stuff to work out." Calum stood up and stretched. "So I'm gonna leave you two alone."

Both Luke and I protested at the same time, and then glared at each other. Calum ignored us and left the room. I sighed, and began to stand up.

"I think I should be leaving now," I said collecting my garbage to throw away on my way out.

I was nearly to the kitchen when Luke finally spoke up.

"Hang on Crash."

I stopped, refusing to turn around. Luke slowly walked up to me. He stood in front of me.

"What?" I asked in a bored tone.

His jaw clenched, and I could tell he was already getting pissed off.

"Why are we fighting?"

"Because you're an idiot."

He sighed deeply, closing his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose. "Stop. Please. I'm trying to have a civil conversation."

I crossed my arms. "I'm simply telling you the truth."

Luke's eyes popped back open. I don't think I would ever get used to how blue they were.

"Telling the truth? Is that what we're doing? Okay. Let me tell you the truth."

I remained silent, waiting for him to continue.

"You're annoying and get on every single one of my nerves. You push buttons that I didn't even know were possible to push. You make me want to punch a wall and it pisses me off how every single thing about you is a damn secret. I don't get why you won't fucking tell me your name for Christ sakes! I mean, what's the big deal? It's like you enjoy pushing people away."

"Maybe I do," I snapped. "Or maybe I don't need anymore people in my life and you keep trying to push your way into it. You don't know my past for a fucking reason, Luke. I don't want you to. I didn't even want to tell Michael or Ashton. They still don't know things about me."

"They know more than me."

"Because they're my friends!" I shouted, throwing my hands in the air. "God! Why can't you get that through your thick skull?"

"Get what through?"

"Everything! Every fucking thing Luke! If you were in my shoes you would get it. My life isn't the best, okay? It sucks. And now I'm confused with all of this shit. One moment you make me really like you and the next I want to punch you in the face. I go from smiling like an idiot around you, to yelling."

Luke remained silent. So I continued.

"I like you. Or at least I think I do. I don't know! I wish I did, and I wish that I didn't like you. I don't need anymore people in my life because I'm scared they'll be taken away from me."

"What are you talking about?" He asked me. His tone was quiet now, and gentle.

"Nothing," I spat. "I'm leaving."

I turned away and headed into the kitchen. I jammed the garbage into the garbage can with more force than was needed.

"Crash!" Luke called out.

"Fuck off," I muttered.

He grabbed my wrists and spun me around.

" I said fuck off!" I yelled trying to get away. "God, why can't you just leave-"

His lips connected with mine. If he wasn't holding both of my wrists I probably would have punched him. Luke's lips were soft against mine. This kiss was definitely better than the first one we shared.

His lip ring pressed against my skin. When he gently took my lower lip between his teeth is when I lost it and had to pull away.

"What was that?" I demanded. Luke was still holding my wrist.

"I want you to shut up."

I looked around the room, looking anywhere but at him. I eventually sighed and met Luke's gaze.

"That was a good way to shut me up."

"Good," Luke said with a smirk. "Because I'm going to do it again."

A/N: and so true feelings are revealed.

IM SO PUMPED BECAUSE THE PACKERS JUST BEAT THE COWBOYS AND ARE GOING TO THE NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AND THE BETTER KICK SOME SEAHAWK ASS NEXT WEEK.

Thanks for reading!