Chapter Seven

"I see you watching that girl over there," I told Ashton as I finished off my third cup of beer. We didn't leave the kitchen yet, but that was fine by me.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Ashton told me. But he didn't tear his eyes away from the girl he was watching.

She was pretty. Long black hair, short shorts, crop top. She had a nice smile and from here seemed pretty decent.

"Go talk to her," I said giving him a nudge.

"I'm supposed to be watching you."

I took his beer from him and finished it off. "I'm nineteen Ashton, not nine. I can handle myself. Now stop being a pussy and go and talk to her!"

I shoved him in that direction and watched him stumble a bit. He flipped me off, but did go and walk up to her. I leaned against the wall to see what happened. He walked up to her and gave her one of his killer smiles. Those dimples were hard to resist.

"Atta boy," I said when she started to smile as engage in conversation. I went to go and find some more beer. Maybe if I got drunk enough I would forget about most things and just dance with strangers.

*

The music was loud. The people were crowded together, dancing. I was having the time of my life.

"Get it girl!" Some random guy said and slapped my ass. I giggled uncontrollably and continued to dance.

I looked at the people around me. They were all wasted beyond belief. I lost Ashton a long time ago, and I really didn't care. Right now I was having fun.

I stumbled and pushed through people, wanting to get some more beer. I tripped over my own feet as I made it back into the kitchen. There were a few people in here making out and I was asked if I wanted to join. I shook my head and filled up my cup.

"Crash?"

I turned around, placing a hand on the wall for support.

"Luke!" I said my face breaking into a huge smile. "What are you doing here?"

He smiled at me and crossed his arms. He had on a black dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up.

"I should be asking you that. I live here."

"Really?" I said looking around. "You have a nice place."

He smiled at me again. "Thanks. Now how did you find this place? Are you stalking me?"

I giggled and vigorously shook my head. I took a big drink before answering him. "Me and my friend were driving around and saw the party. So we stopped."

Luke was watching me and I stared right back. I raised my eyebrows, questioning him.

"Wanna head outside?"

*

I was still pretty buzzed as Luke led the way through the house. He opened the patio door and we both stepped outside. I plopped down in a lawn chair, bringing my knees up to my chest.

"When you said friend did you mean that dude with the blue hair?" Luke asked me.

"Nope. He's working. I'm talking about Ashton."

"Your boyfriend?"

I laughed loudly and looked up to the sky. There was no stars that I could see. I haven't seen stars in a long time.

"No, not my boyfriend. Just my friend, that's it. He's talking to a girl inside right now actually. They may be getting it in."

"As long as it's not on my bed," Luke said stretching his legs out in front of him. I stared at how long his legs were, shocked that he could actually find jeans long enough for him.