Chapter Eleven

{1 year ago}

"Okay, we have to have some rules," Michael told me suddenly appearing in the living room. I sat up straighter in my spot on the couch.

Michael Clifford was weird, but he was also letting me live in his apartment for the past week. It was a little messy, he didn't have much food, the neighbors were weird, and sometimes you could smell weed from down the hall. However, it was better than living on the street or in my car.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

He sat down on the coffee table in front of me. I was staring at it, waiting for it to break. It didn't seem very sturdy.

"Well, you have been here for a week now, and to put things bluntly, you haven't done shit."

I just stared at him, waiting for him to continue. His green hair was a real distraction.

"I mean, you seem pretty cool. You aren't loud and haven't stolen anything yet and even do the dishes. But, if you're going to continue to live here you need to get a job and help-"

"Hold up," I said cutting him off. "You're- you're going to let me live here?"

Michael shrugged. "Sure. Why not. Like I said, you're pretty cool. Anyways, you're going to need a job though. If you're going to live here then you're going to help pay the bills and for food."

Michael continued to talk, telling me all of his rules. But I didn't hear any of them. I was grinning from ear to ear. I found a place to live with a somewhat normal person. I was only in California for a week and already things seemed to be going pretty well.

"Does that sound good?" Michael asked me.

I jumped off the couch and caught Michael in a huge hug. He seemed a little uncomfortable and sat there as I squeezed him.

"Thank you so much," I said. My body was shaking I was so excited.

"Uh," his arms loosely wrapped around me. "No problem Crash."

I let go of Michael, still beaming. He gave me a small smile, still probably feeling pretty awkward.

"The other bedroom is kinda a mess," he admitted sheepishly. "And it's not really a bed, it's only a mattress on the floor, and-"

"I don't care," I said, cutting him off again. "I really don't care. As long as I have a place to call home."

Michael chuckled and looked around the room. "This is a pretty shitty place to call home."

I shook my head. "It's perfect."

A/N: yo! Thanks for reading. My story almost has 1k reads so that's super exciting!

I would love it if you would check out my other story. There's 2 parts up already.