Chapter Five

{1 year ago}

I had no clue how long I was driving for, I lost track of the days. They kind of all meshed together.

I drove on and on, passing small towns and bigger cities. I ate at weird rundown restaurants and got gas at creepy gas stations. I was running out of money fast, and that scared me. I didn't know where I was going exactly, but I knew wherever I was currently wasn't it.

Kelly and Anna called me frequently. Most of the time I just let it go to voicemail. I knew they would continue to beg for me to come home and tell me that I was better off at home.

I didn't want to hear it.

My phone was currently in the backseat and turned off. It was almost dead anyways.

I was speeding down the highway, cars surrounding me. I was coming up on a pretty decent sized city.

*

I stopped at a Taco Bell and sat at a booth next to an outlet. Upon turning my phone back on I saw that Hannah tried texting me a few times.

"Shit," I muttered running a hand through my greasy hair. I forgot all about Hannah. I called her.

"What the hell?" She yelled at me, skipping hello altogether. "Where the fuck are you Paxton?!"

I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath. "I left Han. I couldn't take it there anymore."

"No, you couldn't take your parents death," she stated. I flinched at her words. Flashbacks of their bloody bodies danced through my mind.

"Same thing," I snapped. "Either way I needed to get out of there."

"So...where are you now?"

"I don't know."

Hannah and I talked for awhile as I picked at my quesadilla. She scolded me for leaving and tried many times to get me to come back home. She talked about my brother and the funeral. She told me how everyone was looking for me and missed me.

"This is what's best for me Hannah," I said throwing away my trash. "My parents always wanted me to live life my own way and follow my own path. Well, that's what I'm doing."

"I don't think this is what they had in mind Paxton."

"Incase you forgot, my parents are dead," I snapped at her. "So we won't ever know what they had in mind. So stop acting like you know."

I hung up on her and once again tossed my phone in the backseat. I didn't have much gas left in the tank, but I didn't fill it up. I wanted to see how far I could make it with just under a half tank.

"This is my life," I muttered to myself. "I can do what I want with it."

A/N: hey guys! I really didn't want to update because my last chapter only had ten views, but whatever...

Do you guys like the flashback chapters? I know they're short, but I think they're kinda cool.

Anyways, to those of you who have been reading, thank you! And I hope my sudden username change didn't freak you you!