Chapter Ten

"Hello?" I answered my phone confused. It was Luke calling me. He never called before, he barely ever sent me a text.

"Crash!" He yelled in my ear. He sounded relieved. "Hey, how are you?"

"I'm good," I told him, still confused. "Why are you calling?"

"Oh...well um, I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime. You could come over, or we could go somewhere. It doesn't really matter what we do. Whatever."

I bit down on my lower lip, holding my laughs in. Luke was nervous about this, it was really obvious. It was funny to see him like this. Normally he was laid back and calm, so this was a new side to him.

"What made you want to hang out with me?" I questioned. I was going to put this boy through hell, because I found it to be hilarious.

"N-nothing in particular. I just thought we could hang out is all. So what do you say?"

I remained silent for a moment. Of course I wanted to hang out with Luke. But I didn't want to seem too eager. I smiled to myself.

"Okay Luke, we can hang out."

*

Luke informed me that he would be over shortly. When he suggested that we hang out I didn't think he meant today.

"I'm heading out for a bit," I told Michael as I slipped my shoes on. He was currently finishing off a bag of Doritos.

"Gonna get laid?" He questioned licking his fingers.

"No. Luke and I are just hanging out."

"Oh please, it's obvious you two like each other. Just get it in already."

I chose to ignore Michael and headed outside to wait for Luke. He didn't need to come inside, Michael would harass him. I sat on the curb and waited for him. After waiting for some time a blue car pulled up.

"Hey," he said with a smile. "Sorry it took so long. I got lost."

I laughed standing up. "It's fine."

Climbing into the passenger seat I took in my surroundings. The car was pretty decent, a hell of a lot better than mine. Luke had the music softly playing, creating some nice background noise. It smelled nice too, like cologne.

"So, what are we gonna do?" I asked.

"I figured we could go back to my place for a while. Unless you wanna do something else."

"Your place is fine." I liked Luke's house. Even though I was slightly intoxicated the first and only time I was there. But I remembered that night pretty well.

"Are you going to get drunk this time?" Luke teased me.

I rolled my eyes. "Ha ha, very funny."

He chuckled. "I thought it was. Oh, I also share the house with my best friend. His name is Calum. But don't worry, he's cool."

Best friend huh? Luke didn't strike me as the gay type, but maybe he was. I bit down on my lower lip. Not many guys that I knew shared a house with another guy. Maybe that's why when I asked him earlier if he had a girlfriend he told me no.

Luke pulled into the driveway. I followed him to the house, still thinking about this Calum guy.

He opened the door and I followed Luke's lead, taking my shoes off and leaving them by the door.

"Are you hungry or thirsty?" He asked me. I shook my head. I followed Luke into the kitchen like a lost puppy and watched as he filled a glass with water.