-Twenty Eight-

{Jackson}

"I want the registration to every plate you guys tagged on the day of the wedding," I demanded from my boys.

It's been three days since I last saw my life flash before my eyes. Not because it was my own life in danger again, but Natasha's.

I already had trouble finding a good night's rest before she entered my life, but after sending her off home, sleep seemed unrealistic.

I wouldn't allow her to go home with out at least a dozen of my men tagging along. The thought of Natasha being in that apartment with no provided protection from her bitch of a father and a pink 45 didn't sit right with me.

She knew she didn't have much of a choice when it came to my demands anyways, and I either called her or one of my men every two hours for updates on her security.

"See what happens when you bring a lady around fellas.." Pierce teased in my ear.

"Say another word and I swear to God.." I threatened.

From the moment we encountered Natasha in the club Pierce has been hot and cold when it comes to her. Hot because he knew he had no choice when it came to things involving Natasha. She's practically a piece of me now. Cold as hail though when it came to matters affecting the gang.

He's voiced to me before his worries about brining around another girlfriend, especially since the handful I've made official have all been scared away. Having a pretty woman on my arm is fun until it isn't- and personally?

I'd like to keep having fun.

"I don't get it. Our map has been clear of dot for the past few months, so who the hell is it now?" Tony, a man of mine puzzled out loud as we all surrounded the project table.

'Dots' for us are marked locations where any acts of violence have occurred involving my team. We piece them all together once other kinks are worked out to find a source. They get wiped once we take down the targeting enemies, but with only two dots, pending details, and a lot of questions in between, that left us with nothing. It was too early to tell anything but we knew the acts would just get more and more vicious.

"I swear it's her punk ass daddy," Z-man, another one of the boys chimed in.

The thought crossed my mind that Natasha's father could be behind this plenty of times. He knows I care for her enough not to harm him because that will hurt her. It's smart. Take down me through my heart one by one like the sick bastard would.

But I know when it all boils down I have to choose what's gotten me here, and unfortunately I've lived an eventful life before Natasha...

{Natasha}

"Do they have to be out here while we smoke? We can't even have a session in peace.." Izzy complained before ripping her bong.

I had a dozen men in my apartment at all times now, and a few snipers I've just found out about on the rooftops. Jackson clearly plays no games when it came to my safety.

"Trust me-I don't like it either. I can't even walk around my own place naked anymore."

"Are you sure you're okay? Like seriously girl..." Izzy reached out to pat my knee.