-Forty Three-

{Natasha}

2 month's later

Healing became a meaningful word in my life quickly.

After the tragic events that happened between Jackson and Pierce, my entire life flipped.

I wasn't in the right headspace to work at the club after killing another man. It takes a toll on me at night when I try to sleep. The visions of their bodies being impacted by the bullet replays in my mind every time I close my eyes, and that sickening metallic scent of blood becomes fresh again.

I smoked more than usual to ease my mind. While it wasn't a healthy coping mechanism, it bandaged my pain enough for me to function.

I was on my last strike with my boss and had no choice but to leave the club scene for good. I needed to leave it soon anyways, the time just came sooner than wanted or expected.

Not only did I lose my spot at the club, Jackson and I's relationship went stagnant.. again. He expressed to me all of his 'what if's' that I could've took, and I explained my reasonings and concerns for his life.

Our love for each other over ruled all feelings in the end, but now I have a boyfriend that hates my dad.

I showed Jackson all of the paid jobs Pierce had done. The embezzlement he had been doing under Jackson's name to pay off my dad and his men.

My dad wasn't going to return Jackson's money because he didn't see a reason to, and quite frankly- neither did I. Pierce wanted to kill Jackson but first make his last days on earth miserable. Only so he could look like the ride or die best friend people made him out to be.

He affected me and Jackson's relationship, my dad and I's relationship, and disrupted both of their work. Yes blood was shed in return, but it's simply not enough for my father, and I don't blame him.

Jackson wouldn't talk to me as much but instead battle a lot of conflict in his head, and days apart from him felt like years.

My father and I's relationship felt the same way. He did lie to me, for a long time at that. I wondered how things would have been if my dad had met Jackson before Pierce's tainted motive got to him. Maybe then less fatal events would have occurred.

Pierce was cremated and shipped to his family to keep. Jackson lied and said they lost him in a fight. There was no use in Jackson keeping him, his boys would've flushed it down the toilet with no hesitation before the urn's full 24 hours on the estate.

Everything has just been time at work. While Izzy is still thriving in the club, she makes sure to come see me every day. She even spent nights without me asking like the good friend she is.

While she continues grinding her ass off, I sat in my apartment and signed off on yet another 'I'm sorry' gift from my dad while waiting for more texts from Jackson.

We never officially got back together after our break up, but we knew not to go anywhere.

I sighed as I pushed myself out of bed as my doorbell rang again. I had just picked up a package not even five minutes ago, so the delivery man must have forgotten something.

To my surprise there wasn't a delivery man to greet me when I opened the door. Instead, there stood the man of my dreams.

"Hello beautiful," Jackson smiled down at me as he greeted me with a hug.