-Six-

{Jackson}

I sat in my black Maserati just outside of Natasha's apartment. I had delivered the flowers to her over an hour ago but stuck around after.

When I set down the concealed florals, I heard the faint voice of a man from the other side of the door. I pressed my ear to the crack trying to hear him.

I decided that standing at her door like a stalker wasn't the best decision. So I slid the little note through the door and headed back for the elevators. Just as I stepped inside I heard her door open, and saw a tall brown skinned man step out. Who appeared to look just as confused as me.

I sat in my car to observe her building, but mostly to see when he leaves. My protective side for Natasha didn't take long to settle in. I had a claim on her that neither my mind nor body is willing to let go, and I didn't mind hurting anyone who came in between.

A single one-hundred dollar bill swaying past my window caught my attention. I locked my phone, and when I looked up at her balcony I spotted the two. My gift to her was clenched in the bastards hand as he dangled it like trash over the balcony. They screamed in each other's faces, and a sense of proudness filled me as she held her ground.

Moments later the bouquet returned to its rightful owner, and Natasha sent a forceful slap across his face. I waited with sizzling anger for him to react, willing to shoot the bastard between the eyes if he laid a finger on her.

For his own sake he didn't. Instead he stormed off of the balcony with Natasha following behind him. I caught a glimpse of stray tears rolling her down pouting face, making me want to punch anyone in range.

I gripped my steering wheel so tight that my knuckles turned white and hands began to shake. The devils on my shoulders were telling me to follow whoever the piece of shit was. I routinely listen to them too, but not this time.

This time I sped off before I sent multiple bullets through his body. He got himself on my dead list though, just not today.

I want him to see how much better I can treat Natasha first. That'll be torture enough before I send him to his grave.

"Well about time you showed up. I've been blowing you up for the past two hours Jackson."

Pierce bitched as soon I stepped foot through the door. Leaving the house by myself is rare, and always went unannounced. I could handle my weight and just wanted privacy most of the time.

"What now Pierce?" We walked and talked all the way to my office.

"One of our shipments is missing off the coast. Rino and the crew said the rest arrived this morning 'tampered' with. Someone's fucking with our shit again," he grumbled, tossing the iPad in my lap.

I observed the numbers and maps across the screen. I grew frustrated with my work once I realized it came first. My chase after Natasha was thrilling but had to wait.

"I need the jets ready in the next three hours, and tell group C20 to pack their shit."

I had no choice but to fly to the country that held my large shipments of cocaine. They sat off the coast of various countries until I can smuggle them into the US. I filter thousands of other drugs as well each month, but cocaine took up a large amount.

Since I had to go look at the shipments myself and find the missing one, the entire process would take at least a week. My team grew excited since it gave them something to do. I, on the other hand, cursed whoever fucked with my shit because it took away from my interests.

The sooner I handled the problem meant the sooner I could get back to Natasha. I somehow pushed her to the back of my mind just so I could focus enough on the tasks at hand.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$