-Forty One-

{Natasha}

The next few days after Jackson and I's talk were a blur. I spilt it all to Izzy then cried myself into exhaustion.

I called out of work the following day, been eating barely one meal a day, and laying in bed until I feel myself rotting into the mattress.

All the common symptoms of a breakup.

The only thing I couldn't find myself doing is calling my father, which is odd since he's the reason behind all of this madness.

Jackson had concrete evidence. I could recognize my dad's symbol anywhere. This is his doing, but just like everything in this life, it's something I didn't want to accept.

I finally drove myself past the point of insanity and snatched my phone off of the charger. I took it with me while dialing his number on my way out to the balcony. He usually calls me, but it always never hurt to try.

I waited anxiously while listening to the phone ring down by the second. On it's last ring the line clicked midway, and my dads voice came through the other end.

"Hey sweetie, how's my princess been? I'm actually on my way to a dinner though so don't fill me in too much," he warned me on his short amount of time.

"Daddy I have a serious question and you cannot lie.."

"Sweet heart, you know I never would," my stomach dropped because he already was.

"Are you messing with Jackson's gang?" I spit out.

Silence followed my question at first which only made me believe Jackson even more.

"Baby.. I.."

My heart began to beat uncontrollably as the horrifying news settled in.

I hung up on my dad. I didn't know what else to do and now had mixed feelings on yet another man I held dear to my heart in my life. It's like every move I make ends in chaos.

I stood and cried to myself at first while staring off into the city. At this rate I felt numb to pain, so causing a scene wouldn't do anything for me but temporarily relieve emotions I have to carry every day.

While burying my head into my knees I felt my phone vibrate not too far from me. It was my dad again, but after dropping a bomb like that on me I'm surprised he had the audacity to call back.

"Daddy I don't wanna hear it okay not no-" I began going off as soon as I picked up.

"Sweet heart listen. I promised to you as your father to never lie to you, and I'm gonna hold that promise for as long as I live. My boys will bring you to me. Have your things ready by ten pm, and I will see you by the early morning. I promise you that."

My stomach sloshed at the thought of seeing my dad. I hadn't seen him in almost a year, and of course when the time comes it's unexpected as usual.

"Yes sir," I sniffled.

"I love you," he sighed, words heavy.

"I love you too. I'll see you tomorrow."

{Jackson}