Chapter 23

*play the song above when mentioned to, it'll contribute to the feeling/emotion (optional)

Song: I think I'm in Love - Kat Dahlia

♗♗♗

Another week has gone by after the preparation of the Yule Ball by Professor McGonagall, throughout the entire week it seemed that students weren't really bothered with classes anymore as the only thing everybody would talk about is the Yule Ball.

Even, Professor Filtwick had given up trying to teach the students new charms as all he let them played some games on Wednesday during class, though it the other Professors weren't as forgiving.

Snape only gave everybody who weren't Slytherins tons of homework and essays to finish, he even planned a test on the antidotes that they were now learning to make the day before the holidays began, which obviously bugged Y/N a lot.

Though, what bugged her more is that she hasn't had the chance to talk to Hermione about the ball, she's been so caught up with work from Divination, Transfiguration and Potions that she hadn't had the time to even come merely close to talking to the bushy-haired girl.

She was now seated at the Great Hall with her friends, having their lunch on the Gryffindor table. It's been a while since Y/N had time to eat with her friends, she's always be stuck in the library doing her homework causing her eating and sleeping schedule to be a total mess.

It seemed that she wasn't the only one stressed out about the Yule Ball, she couldn't helped but notice Ron and Harry's gloomy looks as they surveyed the room but she herself wasn't far behind, she kept taking short glances at the bushy-haired girl, though her cheeks would heat up immensely if they'd connect gazes.

Lizzy noticed the group's odd demeanor as she cleared her throat, attempting to break off the awkward silence as she plopped a piece of bacon into her mouth, "So...the Yule Ball, have you all found your partners?"

Ron huffed at the mention of the Yule Ball as his shoulders slumped down, "It's mad, it's like we're the only ones in our year without dates." he groaned irritatedly, the Ravenclaw felt like disappearing on the spot, she really didn't want to have this conversation.

"Well...except Neville." Harry sounded, earning a snicker from Aidan, "Not quite, I asked him if he'd like to go as friends, so technically he's got someone."

Ron's face immediately fell into disbelief, "Now, I'm really depressed." he murmured lowly as the Ravenclaw rolled her eyes and scoffed, "You're so overdramatic."

"Says you! You don't have a partner either, besides you're going to be opening the ball!" Ron retaliated pointedly, earning a scolding glare from the Ravenclaw before she turned back, taking a short sheepish glance at the bushy-haired girl and accidentally locking eyes.