Chapter 3

tw: stabbing, hallucinations

"How do you-" Techno started to say.

"I'm a god just like you." Drista said as she poked at the fire. "I'm just not as strong."

Techno stared at the young avian. He had seen many gods before, but never one that had a weak origin like her. Most gods had stronger powers than hers. There was no way that she could have that kind of power.

"But...you're an avian. You must have some god parents, do you?" Techno asked.

"My brother...he's one of the most powerful gods, just like you." Drista said. "He's the Puppeteer. I can see that you fell for one of his tricks. You have those strings on your wrists."

Techno looked down at his wrists. There was nothing there. How could she see the strings, but he can't? Was it because of her relationship with Dream? It must be or else she wouldn't be able to see them. Techno had heard of her once before. Dream would talk a lot about his younger sister, who ran away from him in fear.

"What are you the god of?" Techno asked, rubbing one of his wrists.

"I'm the god of chaos and mischief." Drista answered. "I don't use my powers as much anymore, thanks to Dream. He used his burn down the place we called home, along with our parents. Then he tried to force me to go with him. I ran off into the woods and I prayed he would never find me again. Now those little strings of yours, will show him where I am."

"I'm sorry for leading him to you." Techno looked down, he felt guilty.

"It's not your fault, it's his. He's the one who tricked you into doing his bidding." Drista said, as she stood up and walked over to the edge. "I ran out of wood, I'll be right back."

Drista spread her burnt wings out. Techno could see how badly they were hurt, she was hurt. She jumped off the ledge and let her wings slowly glide her down to the ground. 

Techno sat up and he looked down at his wrists. He thought about ways to break the strings tied to him. There must be a way to somehow break them. There was many times where he had figured out how to break away from Dream's tricks. But now, he can't think of anything. Even though he couldn't feel the strings, it felt tight and it held him in a grasp. It was like Dream was holding onto his wrists.

He glanced up to see Tommy standing there, staring at him. Tommy's eyes were completely back. His wings were gone and his clothes were all torn up. Techno jumped at the sight of him. 

Techno put out his hand and reached for his little brother. A grin came across the boy's face.

"Technoblade, why did you make me kill you?" Tommy said.

"I...I'm sorry, Tommy. I...I just thought...I thought..." Techno had no words for the boy in front of him.

"You hurt me." Black tears started to flow out of the black eyes. "I trusted you and yet you hurt me."

"Tommy-" 

A sword ran through the boys back out of his stomach. Tommy screamed and yelled. Drista plunged the sword deeper until the boy fell to the ground. Techno watched in horror as his little brother stopped breathing. She pulled out the sword, there was no blood on it. Tommy's entire body turned black and turned into shadows, that disappeared into the night.

"What...what was that?" Techno's voice was very shaky and you could tell he was still scared.

"That was one of my brother's tricks." Drista said, as she put her sword away. "He uses something you love to get into your brain, but they are nothing but shadows."

"So, what we just saw wasn't real?" Techno asked.

"Yes, they are nothing but hallucinations.  You're lucky I got here in time." Drista took out dry sticks and threw them on the ground, near the fire. "You better go get some rest before more come."

Techno crawled into the tent behind him. He laid down and watched Drista did the same. The fire there to keep them warm at night. He let his tried eyes drift him off to sleep.

:)