Chapter 10

As the two walked through the forest, Techno thought about what happened in that void. Those strings were tied very tight and, even though they were thin, it would take a lot to break them. Dream was also very angry and will keep to his promise. If Dream was gonna make his life horrible, he will make it bad for Dream as well.

"What you thinking about?" Techno turned to the young girl smiling up at him. "You look deep in thought and I thought I could intervene."

"No-nothing...don't worry about it." He said as he rustled around her hair. "Hey Drista, how do you work your powers?"

"My powers?" Drista asked.

"Yeah, I want to see how they work. You already seen how mine works, so I want to see your works." Techno walked over to a tree and pointed at it. "Use it against this tree. I want to see what your power does."

Drista looked over at the tree and sighed. She had a worried look on her face. She hadn't used her powers like that in a long time, ever since her parents had died. She still remembers how she tried to save them, but Dream wouldn't let her. 

Drista focused on her powers and she could feel it running through her skin. It had been so long since she had used them. It felt nice to feel the rush through her when the powers were getting ready to be released. Her green eyes started to glow and the power was released. The tree got destroyed and blown up. Techno had ducked so the flying chunks wouldn't hit him. Drista stared at her power. The tree was gone.

"Wow...I had never used them in a very long time." Drista said, staring at her strength.

"That's pretty impressive." Techno said, running his fingers through the burnt trunk. "You are stronger than you think."

Drista looked over at Techno. "Well, what about you? Show me your powers."

Techno smirked and walked over to Drista. He looked over at a tree and his eyes started to turn purple, then glow. The ground shook and broke underneath them. Purple mist came out from the cracks of the ground and circled him. Drista watched as a Wither started to form. The Wither hissed into the air and screeched at the tree. It then fire at it and it broke and fell apart.

Drista was memorized by the way it broke the tree. The mist soon disappeared and seeped through the cracks into the ground. The Wither went back to mist and seeped into the ground as well. Techno looked over at her. She just stared at the tree.

"Pretty cool, ain't it?" Techno said with a smile.

"I have never seen anything like that." Drista said, still memorized.

"Yeah, those kinds of powers are very rare." Techno said, brushing off some dust. "This kind of power is a curse to have at times. Sometimes it's very hard to control."

"So, are you gonna use those to protect Tommy?" She asked.

"And you too." Techno told her. "Your brother doesn't seem like he is willing to take his job very good. He doesn't even act good around you. I just wish he acted better."

I will break you. Dream told him.

You were supposed to be an actual brother. Techno said. Since you aren't gonna act like it, I will.

Drista looked back up at  Techno. It felt like he was finally someone she could look up to. Finally she could have someone to actually protect her and call her older brother. Someone who could actually treat her nicely.

"You mean it?" Drista said.

"Yeah, I'll keep you safe from any of his tricks." Techno said. "Come on, let's go practice some more."