17

I couldn't help but stare at her. What was so bad about me dating her brother? Maybe she was jealous, but thats not an excuse for how she's acted.

It's 10pm right now and im imagining how life would be if we never stopped dating. I'd probably be the happiest person to exist. We would go out every night and makeout at parks, we would hold hands while walking down the hallway. But I can't redo it now, im stuck with what happened and what could've been.

I heard my window open and I turned to see Marcus. My heart got warm when I saw him. Marcus leaned in for a kiss but I denied it.

"We should talk about things first" I said, sitting down on my bed. He sat down beside me.

Y/n: why did you break up with me? Did i do something wrong?

Marcus: i thought you broke up with me?

I furrowed my eyebrows.

Y/n: what do you mean? Max said you didn't want to see me and it was over, you broke up with me.

Marcus: no, she said the same thing to me. I didn't break up with you. My parents said YOU didn't want to see ME.

Why am I so confused right now? Who broke up with who? I stood up and walked around the room.

Marcus: i think she told us that so we'd break up.

All the dots connected now. Of course he wouldn't break up with me. It was her, she lied.

Marcus grabbed my hand and dragged me out of my room, towards his house. We got inside and I walked to Max's room.

I swung the door open. Max looked at me with a strange face. Then she realized we knew what she did. Surprisingly she didn't look happy with what she did, she actually looked ashamed about it?

Y/n: why did you do it? Why don't you want us together?

Max: because I think you used me to get him.

Y/n: your whole family thinks that?

Max: yeah

Y/n: i would never use you for anything. I shouldn't even have to explain that to you or your family.

Max: i mean it just seems like you were. We were only friends for not even a year, so I thought that maybe you just wanted to get close to him.

How selfish could she be to think I was using her, and she didn't even talk to me about it. There's no going back for me and max, I'm pretty sure we're done now.

Max: y/n there's something you should know though

I felt Marcuses hand tug on my arm but I pushed it away.

Max: Marcus slept with a different girl while you were together.

I turned to Marcus and asked him if what she said was true. Marcus wouldn't answer, he stood there silent.  Finally he managed to studder out "im sorry".

He grabbed my hand and tried to convince me that wasn't worth it and that he regrets it and all that bullshit, but I wasn't listening. All I wanted to know was when and who, not that he wish he didn't do it...