20

"Really! He's back?" I asked my mother. "Really" she said.

I dropped my bag and ran to his house. When I got to his door I took a deep breath before opening the door.

Marcus sat on his bed with his phone in his hand, then he looked up at me.
I smile grew across his face.

I sat down beside him on the bed. Marcus cupped my face, but I took them off. "Just friends" I said to him. Marcus nodded his head and smiled.

"I'm so fucking sorry that I cheated, what can I do that will make you forgive me?" He asked me. "Nothing Marcus, I forgive you, but I'm just not ready for a relationship yet".

Me and marcus talked about our lives for a bit. Even though it had only been a a day it felt like a whole year without him.

9:00pm

Marcus was seemingly very happy and so was I. "Can you stay over tonight, just as friends?" Marcus asked me. "Yeah let me go grab a few things" I said.

I went back to my house and grabbed some clothes and a blanket before I headed back to his house. On my way back I thought about what life used to be with marcus. Could we actually pull off only being friends?

My thought were interrupted by max.
"Y/n I'm really sorry for everything I've dont and im so sorry I lied and that I told you too off yourself" max continued talking but I stopped her. "I don't forgive you, I probably never will to be honest but thank you max".

11pm

The house suddenly got alot quieter. The TV stopped playing, people stopped talking. Me and marcus us looked at eachother and both knew that everyone had gone to bed.

Both of us continued scrolling through our phones when marcus turned to me. "Theres gonna be a party tomorrow at blakes house, you wanna go?" He asked. "Yeah why not" i responded.

Things with marcus surprisingly weren't awkward or uncomfortable at all. The only thing I couldn't stop thinking about was when he ran away, where did he go?

Y/n: marcus where did you go when you ran away?

He turned back to face me and changed his expression.

Marcus: well I just kept running and eventually I ended up in that ally way we were in once.

Y/n: oh. I'm sorry about what I did

Marcus: its not your fault, I couldn't handle the fact you didn't want me but I get why

Y/n: marcus...

Marcus: yeah..