Caught red-handed

Hogwarts was nearing with the autumn season, which also meant the students would be facing an exam. They knew it was coming but what they were really couldn't wait for was the semester break they would be having soon. Everly Daniels and Drexa Riddle was working hard to prove which one of them was the best in Charms and their enthusiasm was soon joined in by Jonathan Leiss and Cedric Diggory.

The guys were thirsty enough to show which any four of them was the best in Professor Flitwick's class so the girls felt very challenged once they saw how smug they looked like when they met each other's glances.

"Good job everyone" said Flitwick when his class had ended but before everyone had gone, he caught the two students that had took his interest very much aside from Hermione Granger from Gryffindor. He called them before they passed the door.

"Drexa Riddle and Everly Daniels? Please come forward for a moment"

The two turned their heads and met each other's eyes and went to see their teacher.

A swarm of students passing by and Flitwick called another students.

"Yes Professor?" squeaked Jonathan.

"The four of you have a very excellent performance in my class after Miss Hermione Granger. I would want to see you tutoring the other students for the upcoming exam soon. Miss Riddle would be working with-"

"Can I tutor with her?"

Jonathan immediately interjected because Drexa was giving him a confuse look when their teacher mentioned the four of them were excellent. 'I thought you said you're bad at Charms...'

"Of course! Miss Daniels would be with Mr Diggory, is that alright with you?"

"More than alright" replied Cedric with a grin and winked to Everly mischievously. Everly felt heat rushing to her face and looked away and nodded meekly to Flitwick.

"Yes Professor"

Flitwick clapped joyfully.

"Excellent! Now you may rush to your next classes. Off you go now" said Flitwick ushering them to go and off they went.

When they walked together, Drexa couldn't stop glaring to Jonathan who was in fact, trying to think of a way to make an excuse. He didn't expect Professor Flitwick would notice his performance in the class and mentioned to all of them. To make matter's worse, Drexa was there too.

"I think Jonathan's mouth is so salty" piped Everly.

"Salty?" asked Cedric with pure confusion plastered on.

Drexa giggled.

"She meant that what Jonathan had said recently came true" said Drexa and purposely bump into Slytherins. She didn't bother to apologize to them for they were all the same like Pansy; cruel and snobbish, so why would she care? Instead of the word "I'm sorry", only a glare could answer them.

Everly had to pull her a bit farther by tugging her arms.

"Would you not purposely making Slytherins to hate you more?" said Everly with a glare. Sometimes Drexa can be a little too much on making enemies than she can handle. She was afraid Drexa might be in trouble someday and she wasn't there to help.

"Uh, they already hate me enough on first day" said Drexa and flipped her hair.

"Okay then what's your proof?"

Drexa was tongue-tied when Everly asked for proof. She wasn't even sure for herself if there were any Slytherins hated her the moment she stepped her foot in Hogwarts.

"Remember Pansy?"

Finally, Everly nodded her head.

"We don't hate you" chimed Jonathan and walked beside Drexa. They were having an hour free period and went to the courtyard to soak some sunlight.

When Jonathan came up, Drexa spun around to mess with the other Slytherins.

"Drexa you come back here" Everly had to chase after her and left Jonathan and Cedric for a while. She wondered what had triggered her to be like this. She was perfectly normal this morning.

When the two girls were out of hearing anything, Cedric walked closely to Jonathan. He knew why Drexa had acted like that to him and he needed to make sure Jonathan come clean.

"I think you should tell her"

"I am now! But I'm waiting for the right time. Today" Jonathan replied slowly.

When they came back, they conversed many things but Drexa still didn't want to talk or see Jonathan in the eyes. She merely replied when being asked while looking away or eyes on the ground. Truth be told, Jonathan was hurting inside and realized his actions only brought him pain and got backfired.