A Sign

The next morning, Drexa was sleeping in her own bedroom as she was exhausted from the night before. After dinner, they decided to play board games until late at night.

Mia was more than happy to make them light supper while playing games. It was one of those times where she remembered how happy she was with her family before she got kicked out, all because of her sister's jealousy of her.

Everly was already up and showered, excitement could be seen from her face as she could not wait get the day started with her best friend. While drying her hair, Everly was singing the whole time from the moment she showered. The echoes of her voice was sneaking its way into Drexa's bedroom from the creak old wall, managed to make Drexa hid her head under the pillow.

"Drexa, wake up! We have a big day ahead of us!"

After completely drying her hair, she took her phone from the bedside and rushed to the younger's room. The door was locked but Everly decided to unlocked it with a bobby pin of hers. "Wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up."

Drexa was starting to be annoyed by her voice that was just outside of her room and snuggled underneath her blanket further. "Go away..." she mumbled.

When the door finally let out a click! sound, Drexa took her wand and aimed it for the door.

Everly burst into her room while skipping happily before lunged herself on Drexa's body.

"Wake up, sleepy he- ah!" 

Not a moment too soon she landed there, her body was pushed off and fell to the ground.

"Why you," Everly immediately sprang up from the floor and sped to her room, grabbing her wand. Afew seconds later, she aimed it to Drexa, "Rictusempra!"

Drexa was already giggled underneath her blanket, shaking violently as she was not fond of tickling. Everly pulled her blanket, leaved in on the floor and watched as her friend being tickled to death.

"Sooo, are you gonna wake up or not?" Everly asked and folded her arms with a victorious smile.

Drexa was shutting her eyes all the time and could only nodded her head with a few, "Yes!"

Everly laughed and undo the spell as she helped Drexa to get up.

After a lovely breakfast, Mia planned to bring them out to the fair today. Since it was too early in the morning, she brought them to enjoy the view of the big city of London.

Drexa who was sleepy at first, re-energized when Mia gave her a special juice. It smelled a lot horrible, even Everly had to choked on her own gag when Drexa popped the bottle open. Mia had to made her drink and when she did, Everly was surprised when the effects emerged that fast. Drexa was being hyperactive and talkative which Everly knew she had to endure it (but she still love it). Mia told her the juice gives different effect to certain people and Drexa was the hyperactive one.

"So many cars in the morning," Mia grunted as she had to take the left lane, which was fully occupied. Everly smiled, amused with her aunt. Taking them out for a change in scenery at 7 in the morning was the worst time to pick.

"Aunt Mia, we left at freaking 7 a.m, of course there will traffic by this time."

"Remind me again where exactly are we going?," Drexa asked while her head was leaned against the window. Beside their car, a man with suit was talking on the phone aggressively with his hand flying in the air as he talked to the other end of the phone.

Drexa tilted her head. Being upset in the morning usually isn't the best way to start the day, but when she looked to the backseat, she saw there was a baby car seat attached. 

The ongoing conversation between Aunt Mia and Everly had withered within her hearing as she saw something was moving in the baby car seat. 

'A...baby? Wait, he's crying!'

The younger realized the baby must had been crying since the father looked like he had been shouting on the phone and awoken his child. A flash of bright light dash in front of her that Drexa had to close her eyes.

Images was shown in her eyes; a baby in a crib, a couple fighting, a group of children which Drexa assumed it was the children, two silhouettes was an adult while the other three was still small, including the baby, a flag of Hufflepuff and a pool of blood that was on the ground.

Drexa was feeling her energy was being sucked so quickly that her forehead banged on the window, grabbing the girls' attention.

Everly suddenly feeling sick in her stomach when she hold Drexa's hand. "Are you alright, Rexy?"

"Yeah, what's the matter, love? Feeling sleepy again? I think I might have some leftover juice here," Mia had one hand on the steering wheel while the other searched the insides of her bag that made the car swerved a little to the side, making the girls tumbled as well.

"Aunt Mia! Please! Both hands on wheels!" Everly shrieked.

When the situation neutralized, Drexa looked to her left again, only to realize the car was no longer there. She sighed slowly, not wanting Aunt Mia to hear. There, she scoot over to the middle and nudged Everly. Everly was sitting on the front seat, and when she turned around, Drexa was staring deeply into her eyes.

Everly knew what the look meant and only nodded in agreement that whatever Drexa was going to do, she would stand by her side.