The Kind of Memories That Never Leaves

Arriving at the place according to the address, Everly looked around to find him. Her eyes twinkled at the sight of the majestic restaurant, feeling unsure of herself. She observed the people inside outside the window; almost prestigious-looking people filled the hall and she gulped. Eyeing her dress, she felt small and insecure.

'What am I doing?,' she scoffed. 'There is not a chance for me to go inside looking like this.'

Just as she was about to leave, her nose bumped into something hard and her hand flew up to her nose. "Ohh, I'm sorry, mister," she apologized while still holding her nose. 'Damn, why his chest is so ha-'

"Everly???"

Her eyes shot open. That voice... She knew that voice. 'No no, it can't be him.'

Slowly looking up, she saw Cedric; complete with tuxedo and a rose on the front side of his pocket. He looked like an angel...

Cedric was stunned to see her that night. His heartbeat almost stopped beating with the sight of her wearing the perfect dress...

'I forbid you to befriend her and that's it!'

His heart immediately ached. Knowing this would be the last time they talked, he decided to make it memorable for both of them...though he knew that kind of memory will bring them pain. He straightened his back and forced a smile.

"Everly, you look...ravishing," he complimented her before taking her hand, kissing the back of it slowly as his eyes trained on hers. Her heart skipped a beat when he did that. Cedric could almost hear her ragged breath when he pulled back, holding a smile.

"Oh, th-thank you," she replied with a stutter.

Cedric smiled lovingly at her, knowing well enough that he has that effect on her and offered her his arm. "Shall we?"

Everly slowly smiled back at him and linked her arms with him. Together they entered the restaurant.

The dinner was lovely and both of them had a great time. They were enjoying their last course of the dish which was the dessert.

"Say, how did you know this place?," she asked, scooping a cake on her spoon then trying to feed him. Though she was too shy to admit, Cedric could see her tinted cheeks, red from the embarrassment and smiled cheekily. He ate it from the spoon, purposely stayed longer than necessary, eyes never leaving hers.

'Dear heart, please don't faint, don't faint!', she prayed mentally.

"My father's friends often talk about this place back home when they come," he said. "They loved the restaurants that were Muggles. Their ability to cook something from the heart is wonderful to experience with. Especially with someone that's close to the heart."

The twinkle in her eyes were there, just enough for Cedric to see how her feelings were conveyed just by her eyes. It was rare for him to see such interactions happen in his life. He reached across the table for Everly's hand, when she didn't pull it away, he grasped it gently and caressed it with his thumb.

"You look beautiful tonight, Eve," he whispered, staring deeper into her eyes. When the two stared at each other, it caught the eyes of the violinist nearby and began playing a romantic song, making his way to them while playing the violin. The sounds of the tune break their reverie and both were flustered, but hands still intact.

"This is um...", she started, trying to find the right words.

"Nice?"

"I was gonna say beautiful...with you," she ended with a smile, a smile he knew it was only for him to see.