A Sign for Both

"Mother!"

As she ran and ran, trying to find Viridian in the Dark Forest, her eyes wandering wildly around her as the darkness began towering over her body. The stretching shadows that played within the trees had made her fears flowing in her system as she put speed in her run.

"Rei! Help me!"

Her mother's echoes were heard and Drexa turned her head to see which direction did she heard it. The waterfall fell freely on her face. Her heart was thumping hardly against her ribcage as she catch her breathe.

Just then, a grip on her hand made her startled and look down to see a black, gooey hand that rose from the ground, pulling her under. Drexa fought.

"Avada Kedavra!"

"Rei!!!"

A bright light suddenly emerged from the side of the forest and the surroundings went dark again within seconds.

"Mother! Let go of me!"

The gooey, liquid hand was stronger and her head was nearing the floor of the forest as the creature pulled her down. Drexa tried to think of something to escape.

Her eyes went white as she commanded the creature.

"Dive....."

The creature complied to her words and renounced her hand. Her body felt weak as if the creature had sucked all of her energies and fell to the ground.

As she lay there, far ahead, she saw a glowing figure walking towards her and she didn't had the chance to see who it was as she blacked out.

"....waking up..."

"...miss her....much"

The distinct conversation began to get clear and Drexa opened her eyes. It was so heavy as if someone had put a stone on it.

"E..verly..."

When she opened her eyes, the sunlight hurt her so she closed it again. A touch on her arm; a light electricity went flowing into her and she went sit up straight, eyes opened wide.

"Drexa? Drexa? You hear me?"

She followed the voice and Everly was looking at her with a concern look.

Everly waved her hand in front of her face.

"Hello?"

Drexa shaked her head and smiled before pulling Everly into a bone-crushing hug.

"Hey bitch!"

Everly was suffocating but at the same time felt happy when Drexa finally woke up and looked so healthy as a horse.

"Hey hey, you'll crush her like that. My turn."

Cedric pulled them apart and hugged Drexa.

"Ooft- you're so big and tall."

Cedric chuckled. He pulled away then ruffled her hair. Then, Jonathan came into view. Before she could say anything, Jonathan launched over her, hugging her like there's no tomorrow.

"Remember the warning next time, idiot," he muffled in her hair. Drexa was speechless, not knowing Jonathan would be this worried. Drexa threw a glance to Everly who smiled happily to her.

"Okay, okay, get back for a moment, child. I need to open her bandage, please, thank you," Madam Pomfrey came and pulled them apart.

"Are those tears for me, Everly?" Drexa grinned from ear to ear, making Everly sucked a deep breathe and rolled her eyes but kept on smiling.

"I think you see it wrong. It's Jonathan you should see," Everly replied and glance to Jonathan.

"And Cedric, too." She added.

Cedric looked at her.

"I'm a guy. I don't shed tears," Cedric grumbled. Of course he was worried, but the feeling of crying wasn't there yet. Jonathan and Everly snickered.

"Yeah right, you have a soft spot for me. Admit it," Drexa joked while Madam Pomfrey unwrapping the bandage.

The three smiled cheekily as Cedric shaked his head in amusement.

"Indeed it's a miracle. Not even a scar in sight," Madam Pomfrey began as she examined her head carefully. "Stop moving, child."

Drexa couldn't sit quietly because she felt so energetic when she woke up. But the dream...

"Okay, you can go now," Madam Pomfrey shooed them away and they went to have breakfast.

The group sat together and began digging into their meal.

"Here you go, eat up," Everly said while stacking the pancakes into Drexa's plate. Cedric poured orange juice for her while Jonathan forking a few sausage from his side and put it in front of her.

Drexa smiled happily and even clapped a little bit before start eating.

"Merlin.... So good," Drexa moaned as she munched on them. When she took the third bite, someone tapped on her shoulder. Drexa turned around and her eyes sparkled.

"Mmmm! (Perry!)"

Still mouthful, but Drexa didn't care and pull Perrywinkle in a hug. Everly smiled proudly of her and continue eating.

"Drexa! I'm so glad you're okay. Well eat up, we have Potions after this. Good morning, Everly," Perrywinkle greeted with a smile.

"Good morning, Perry." Everly greeted back.

Drexa nodded and Perrywinkle went back to her House table. After breakfast, they went to their classes. Everly went with Jonathan and Cedric for their Charms.

While Professor Flitwick was talking about their new lesson, a flying paper bird had landed on Everly's desk. When she picked it up, the origami unfolded by itself, revealing a neat handwriting.

Good morning, beautiful. I hope your friend is okay

-G

"G? Who's that? New admirer eh?" Jonathan joked and Cedric leaned over to see.

Everly shaked her head.

"I don't know? I think G represents Gryffindor?"

"Or George," Cedric replied and went back focusing on the front. Jonathan made a face that says 'oh? jealous are we?'.

"Who is George?" Everly required. Jonathan smirked when the corner of his eyes saw Cedric clenched his jaws.

"George Weasley, Gryffindor. He has a twin; Fred Weasley. Seems like one of them likes you already," Jonathan stated, but his eyes sneakily went back to Cedric who was writing his notes down. Jonathan decided to play around just to see his reaction.

"If you like him, I can help you."

True enough, Cedric stopped writing for a moment before heaved a deep breathe. Jonathan snickered by this.

"Someone is being green now," Jonathan added and made Everly turned to him. She heard it somewhere before.

"Drexa said it before. I didn't understand it at first but then now I know what she meant," saying that, he cocked his head a bit to tell Everly.

Everly still didn't understand making Jonathan sighed.

"Girl, you got a lot to learn."