Live Radar

"Mm, this is good!"

They were enjoying ice-cream on the side of the road as the day unveiling the scorching sun. No clouds were to be seen, only a few puffs here and there. It was a good thing they found the ice-cream stand because none of them had brought any beverage to quench their thirst.

"Excuse me girls, I need to get this," Mia went a few steps farther away from the girls before answering her phone. With this opportunity being held open, Drexa stood closer to Everly while licking her ice-cream.

"What was it? Back there where we're still in the car," Everly asked, her eyes wandering around, hoping no one was listening to them, more likely Mia.

"I saw something...and I think it was a sign or something? But please, don't tell anyone."

Everly smiled warmly at her best friend and linked their arms, "You know I won't, not ever. I promise."

Drexa smiled and looked around before continued, "I saw pictures like...a baby? And-and a some married couple fighting around and oh- four kids, two of them, I could only see their shadows, the other two were toddlers, and... your House flag, Hufflepuff."

When the last words entered Everly's hearing, she was surprised.

"It all started when I saw a baby car seat in the guy's car who looked like he'd been shouting on the phone the whole time. I think we need to find them, Everly. Something's not sitting right with me when I saw him."

Drexa was basically pleading. She was terrified of what's the possibilities that would be happening to the baby now assuming the 'father' wasn't looking too good either.

Everly was thinking of a way to come up with excuses that would be giving them the chance to wander away without making Mia suspicious.

"How about we tell Aunt Mia?"

"No no! She would be asking why and I don't know what to say."

"We just tell her we have a bad feeling, that's all. We don't have to say anything further. Trust me," Everly persuaded. With her puppy eyes, Drexa had to say yes. Everly knew Mia better than herself, might as well give it a chance.

She sucked a deep breath, "Okay. Let's try it."

When Mia was finished talking on the phone, the girls were nervous, especially Drexa because she was afraid Mia would suspicious of something and she certainly didn't want to be on her bad side.

"Hey girls, my ice-creams melted, thanks to this guy. Ugh, this is supposed to be my rest day," Mia grunted as she shoved her phone inside her pocket. 

With bravery, Everly stepped forward.

"Aunt Mia, there's something we need to tell you," she started. Drexa was already gulping the lumped that was formed in the back of her throat slowly.

"Hm? What is it? Don't tell you're pregnant already."

"Aunt Mia,"Everly whined.

"Okay okay, what is it?"

"We have a bad feeling about something. Um, can we talk about this in a car? It's getting hotter out here," Everly fanned herself with her hand while the other shielding her eyes from the blinding sunlight.

"Yeah, Aunt Mia. We don't want our hot aunt melted like the ice-cream too."

Drexa wiggled her brows playfully before being shoved in the shoulder lightly by Mia. 

"Flirting now, are we? Come on, let's go. Gosh, it's only 1 pm," Mia muttered under her breathe on the last part before getting into the car. The car went down smoothly down the road and thankfully, the road was free from the traffic.

"Alright, what were you going to tell me about?"

"We actually have bad feeling about something. Drexa," Everly gestured her to tell Mia and Drexa leaned her body forward to share her thoughts.

"While we were stuck in the traffic earlier, I saw this guy who seemed upset and shouting on the phone with his baby in the baby backseat. I...have the sudden urge to follow them but I was afraid to tell you," she admitted sheepishly. Mia just waved her hand in the air before handling the wheel again.

"Nonsense. Believe me, I too, will have bad feelings sometimes and all of it was true. Come on, show me where to go," Mia said and waited for instructions. Drexa blinked.

"But...I don't know where they are?"

"Oh- sorry about that, let me teach you on how to listen to your inner GPS," Mia was determined to teach Drexa on how to activate her live radar.

"I'm not sure about this, Aunt Mia."

"Shush, child. Listen to me very carefully; Everly, you too," Mia began and both girls listen attentively.

"First, find the 'voice' or the instinct you called. You might think you're hallucinating but if you focus to it, I mean really really focus, then you already found it. The feelings of wanting to go the way it wanted so bad is annoying. That's the first symptoms you will get. Secondly, you will always have this irritated feeling that's bubbling inside you the whole day. Try it, Drexa. You're the one who feels it from the start so it should be you navigate."

Drexa turned to Everly, who also shared the same expression; uncertainty.

With full concentration, she tried to hear the 'voice' but nothing came up. It was blank feeling.

"I think it's this way?," Drexa suggested and Mia turned the wheel to the left where they were entering to cemeteries.

"Be confident about it, okay dear? This is your first time so keep on doing it," Mia reassured her with a smile.

They end up in a dead end of the road so they rotated back from where they came in.

"It's alright, Drexa. Tell me if you're feeling it again, we'll go right away."

Drexa nodded and her face fell, knowing that she can't do anything to help the baby.

She looked out to the window, sighing in defeat.

'Be safe, baby'.