Free Candy and A Side of Twin

The Hogwarts Express was filled by the students who could not wait patiently to get home. The exam week had made them exhausted but most of them were excited because the school break was just around the corner.

"Do you ever stop staring?" Drexa breathed out as she felt the relentless gaze from Jonathan who was sitting beside her. Everly sat the opposite of them, a small smile went to her lips as she was trying to wait what was going to happen between the two.

"I don't think I could. I won't see you for a few weeks, so I want to memorize every inch of your face," Jonathan replied dreamily. Drexa took a sharp breathe while trying to drown herself by the beautiful scenery. Jonathan's gaze was still could be felt.

Drexa cleared her throat and turned her body towards the Hogwarts Express window with her back facing Jonathan.

"You're mean."

"Shut up."

"Aren't you gonna miss me??"

Now Everly shake her head and quickly turned her head to the door compartment when she heard a faint voice saying, "Anything off the trolley, dears?"

Everly took out a few Galleons from her small couch that she kept hidden in her shirt. She turned to the lovebirds who was still bickering.

"Guys, you want some sweet tooth?" she asked as she stood up from her seat but her question were waved away as the two began to be loud.

"I won't be giving you any chocolates sooner," Jonathan was threatening Drexa but it seemed like Drexa did not give any care about it.

"I think I have some sort of...what do you call it Everly? Ah yes, dementia," Drexa replied as she glance toward Everly once before turning it to Jonathan with a glare.

Jonathan frowned.

"How come do you have dementia?" Her best friend asked with a wonder creased on her forehead.

"Because our friend over here," Drexa pointed to Jonathan before saying, "saying something that I don't remember asking at all."

"Why you-" Jonathan began to tickled her in her sensitive spot as Everly strolled over to the door, laughing at both of them. The trolley-witch appeared, pushing the candy-loaded trolley in the path.

"Anything off the trolley, my dear?" she asked kindly. Everly smiled and scanned the delicious-looking candies in front of her, taking her time. Drexa certainly loved Chocoballs. Anything that has chocolate in it. While for Jonathan, she couldn't think of anything because the guy would eat almost everything that's edible.

"Can I have 10 Chocoballs, 10 Glacial Snow Flakes, two packet of Drooble's and five Pixie Puff, please?"

Her request made the witch smiled in surprise because there had never been a student to buy that lot.

"My my, you have such love for the candies. Might as well buy this trolley, too," the witch joked and both of them laughed. Everly took the candies in her hands and quickly went inside because her hands were small. Then, after she paid for the sweets, she took the rest of it inside. Before the witch left, Everly remembered something so she stopped the witch again. The old witch chuckled.

"Anything that you missed?"

"One tin of Sugared Butterfly Wings, please."

"There you go, my dear. Enjoy them," said the witch softly.

"Thank you. Here you-"

Everly was close to exchange the Galleons but someone stopped her from behind.

"I'll pay for her and two Pepper Imps." That deep voice was heard just behind her and as she turned around to see who it was, she was shocked to see a guy's face that was so close to her and she felt her beating rapidly.

"Since when you are this gentleman, George?" the witch asked curiously because her days sometimes were filled with the twins' never ending pranks on her. This time, one of them showed her a surprise respect and she had a feeling it was because of the Candy girl. She handed him the sweets he asked before continuing her way to the front.

"I err-"

"No need to thank me. It's my treat," he replied with a smile.

Everly blinked a few times before smiling back to him. For George, it was like winning a lottery to see that smile, especially when it was for him.

"So, you are George Weasley, I suppose?" Everly asked as they walked back to their compartments. George was tall so she had to crane her neck to see him.

George had to suppress the feeling to squish her cheeks because she looked so adorable looking at him like that.

"That's me. How do you know?"

"I remembered the letter that you gave me a few months ago."

George nodded and then smiled. 'So she does remember me.'

When he smiled, Everly suddenly remembered how Cedric reacted when she and Jonathan was talking about George. Could it be that Cedric was feeling jealous of her?

'He...likes me?'

That very question had made her felt giddy inside and she couldn't stop smiling about it. George noticed this and asked, "Someone's happy, I see."

Everly just remembered that George was beside her and quickly shake her head. She wanted to tell him but they just met.

"Let me guess. You're thinking about someone and that someone is Cedric."

Everly stopped in her tracks. Was this guy a mind reader or something? How could he know?

George stopped too and looked at Everly for confirmation. His smile was turning into a playful grin when the girl narrowed her eyes to him.

"Okay, first of all, I am not a Legilimens so quit looking at me like that. You must be wondering 'oh my merlin how does this Gryffindor student knows that I'm in love with him!', girl- almost everyone knows how much Cedric likes you. The way he looks, he eats, he showers-"

"Okay okay! I have to go. Nice meeting you and thanks for the free candy!"

Before George could even finished his sentence, Everly rushed off with her face red in embarrassment as she shut the compartment door behind her. Her breathe was a little shaky because she kind of running away from George. When she got inside, the lovebirds were choking down on the sweets that she had bought for them and a smile plastered on her face. Good for them they didn't see her out of breathe. Otherwise, they will interrogate her like a police.

Her tricks worked and now she could read her book in peace. The point of buying the sweet tooths was to shut them up all the way back to their homes.