Holi-Nay

A few days after Drexa had been knocked out, Falcon Ridgehead stayed away from the girl as far as possible he could be. He realized his actions could not get him anywhere better but he truly despise the Dark Lord's descendant. He tried to poisoned her once, but Draco caught him. Again.

Draco let him go with a warning that if he does it again he will not hesitate to do something that would make him regret coming there.

For Everly, everything came back to normal. She and Drexa did very well in the final exam and now they couldn't wait to spend their summer break.

"I'm gonna miss all of you!"

All of the students were now heading to the gates with all of their things. The group; Everly, Drexa, Cedric and Jonathan were walking together to the train with their trunks behind. Jonathan was whining in the entire time knowing they won't be seeing each other for a while.

Everly hugged his arm and squeezed it playfully.

"Aww, you're a spoiled brat. You and Drexa," Everly grinned towards the two. Drexa glared.

"I am not."

"Yes you are."

When the two started the war, Everly shaked her, amused with the sight and turned to her left where Cedric was. He had that longing look in his eyes that Everly could not quite comprehend it. Their hands would often touched when they walked closely.

"Write to me, will you?" He leaned down to whisper, making sure the two soon-to-be couple out of earshot. Everly nodded in response.

"I will, everyday," she whispered back. She doesn't know why she had to whisper when Cedric does it. Darn you, psychological trick.

Cedric smiled upon the answer and braved himself to hold her hand (out of Drexa's and Jonathan's sight, of course). Everly felt warm all over when her hand was squeezed gently but her mind worked curiously of something.

Out of the blue, they heard screamings and quickly to see who it was.

"My son!"

A fifty-ish man came up to them and hugged Cedric. Turned out, it was Drexa and Jonathan who screamed with the sudden appearance of the old man.

"Father? I thought we couldn't Apparate on Hogwarts grounds," Cedric asked curiously. The three friends took a few steps back but Cedric, who was still holding her hand, didn't let go.

"Psst, are you seeing what I'm seeing?"

"Yeah, no, I'm not blind"

Everly was so embarassed but throwing both of them an exasperated glare.

Jonathan blinked.

"You can hear us?"

"Yes, I do"

"Dang, why do you have to be so loud??" Jonathan harshly whispered but Everly still can hear it.

"It's not me, you dumb. You're the one who's loud," Drexa retorted back. Everly sighed in defeat watching both of them killing each other.

"Ah, and who is this young lady?"

A firm, yet gentle grip took her attention away from the ads of distraction and looked to the old man who was smiling.

"Father, this is Everly Daniels, my...friend. She transferred here with her friend five months ago and they are the smartest students I know so far. Everly, this is my father," Cedric introduced. Everly saw the moment he mentioned her name, he was frozen for a second.

"Hello sir. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Everly bowed a little and gave him a smile. He chuckled.

"Hello there, Everly. It's wonderful to see my son with someone as lovely as you, dear. He didn't give you the love potion now, did he?" He asked but then his eyes went to Cedric which made him flushed with embarrassment.

"Father..." he moaned quietly.

Everly had to stifle a laugh and tried her best not to burst in front of his parent.

"I hope he didn't, sir. Otherwise, my friend will kill him for sure."

The man laughed his heart out while Cedric only smirked. If he really does it, then there's no question Drexa would find a way to make him expelled.

"Now that's a good friend! Where is she now? I'd like to meet her."

"Father, it's not a good time-"

"Tut tut, where is she?"

Mr Diggory craned his neck to see the friend Everly had mentioned. The lassie called Drexa to come over.

"Is this her? Why, she has the night aura surrounds her. It's good, it's good," he compliment. Everly and Drexa only blinked when he said night aura.

"This is Drexa Riddle, my best friend."

The moment those name slipped, Mr Diggory's smile suddenly pursed into thin line and found himself didn't breathe for a second.

"Riddle? A Riddle?"

Everly had felt the sudden tension that began to swarmed around them. She knew Drexa felt it too.

Mr Diggory suddenly laughed and shooked Drexa's hand vigorously.

"Not a day in my life had become this one! Well, it's nice to meet you, Drexa, Everly, but I must be on my way now. Cedric, let's go."

When his father walked away, Cedric felt something just dropped into the pit of his stomach. He didn't want to leave yet. He stared at Everly for a moment.

"Have a nice holiday, Eve," he then hugged Everly for what he felt like it would be the last time. She hugged him back before hearing his father called him again. Cedric had no choice but to let her go. His heart was heavy as he walked away.

"Tell me now that's not right."

Drexa walked up behind and both of them stared at Cedric's back before he disappeared in the forest with his father.

"What's not right?" Jonathan came up behind. "That guy did not even wave me a goodbye. The perfect friend I have, besides the two of you," he said.

"Is it just me or something bad might going to happen to either of us?" Drexa asked.

"Beats me," Jonathan shrugged.

Everly remained silent because what Drexa had felt, she had it too. And she really hated it.