Oblivious Aren't We

Drexa was lounging on the couch, closing her eyes and basking in the relaxation she had missed during their break. She was soon joined by her classmates around her.

"Say, how was your break?"

She opened an eye to see who was talking. A girl with short brown hair with sharp brown eyes sat beside her.

"McKenna, is it?"

She just nodded. Drexa shrugged and went back to closing her eyes.

"Terrific."

Then another voice chimed in, which sounded familiar. "You stayed with Everly over the break, didn't you?"

She had hated him ever since he sent her to the Hospital Wing.

"Why do you care, Ridgehead?," she asked with her eyes closed.

"Can't a friend ask what their friends are doing during our break?"

Her eyes snapped open and glared at the ceiling. Her tones were gravely low, "You are not my friend."

Draco and Blaise just arrived at their Common Room and were on their way to their dorms.

"Strange to think that Leiss decided to walk to our compartment and sit with us," Blaise said.

"And I had enough with Parkinson. Doesn't she have another compartment to go to? Why must she sit with me?," Draco complained, face filled with annoyance. He didn't like that Pansy Parkinson acted like him, Blaise, Goyle and Crabbe were her only friends in this school. It was a miracle she was still alive, considering countless of times Draco wanted to put a spell on her or get her to get expelled. It was a good thing he still has Narcissa's good traits that resided in him that stopped his plans from working.

On the bottom of the stairs that led to their dorms, he caught a glimpse of a group of students chilling in the Common Room. Two people stood with their backs facing him and the other three he knew as Drexa Riddle, Haley McKenna and Falcon Ridgehead, the one who sent the girl to the hospital.

"That was fast," Blaise said as he too joined Draco staring at them. Draco frowned and turned to his friend. "What do you mean?"

Blaise looked at him with a weird smile and said, "Malfoy, those guys, minus Drexa, were behind us on our way here. Don't you notice?"

Blaise continued his way up to his room, leaving Draco with his thoughts. His heart was squirming with uneasy feelings as he walked the stairs. Arriving at his room, he threw his trunk on the floor and jumped on his bed, inhaling deeply. "Ahh, I missed this," Draco said with his eyes closed. Just then, the door to their dorms opened, and his eyes too followed suit.

"So much for privacy," he muttered begrudgingly and sat up. It was Falcon Ridgehead and Richard Nightingale with their trunks behind. Draco had his one leg up and pulled it close to his body. Falcon was uncomfortable with Draco who kept staring at him. As he unpacked his things, Falcon finally spoke up, "What?," he said rather exasperatingly.

"What did you talk about with Riddle down there?"

"Talk about what?"

Falcon and Richard looked at each other, both were wondering the same thing.

"Don't play dumb with me," Draco said slowly. "I know how much you hated her before, and I felt weird when I saw you talking with her suddenly."

Richard was frowning. What on Earth Draco was talking about?

"We just got here, Draco," said Richard slowly, "and, no one was in the Common Room when we arrived here."

Before Draco opened his mouth, Falcon beat him to it, "I didn't talk to her, and I didn't see her on our way here, only when we were on the train."

His mouth was dry after Falcon finished his sentence. He quickly jumped off from his bed and went rushing downstairs. In the Common Room, he saw Thomas Jenkins, Haley McKenna, Roberto Maise Olko, Elsie Carrigan and Clarrisa Jogenfarm sitting in front of the fireplace. All of them looked exhausted.

"Where's Riddle?"

"I think I saw her with Falcon and Richard walked past us when we came inside," Clarissa replied.

"Oddly for me, I never see her hanging out with them, if I'm being honest," Thomas added. Roberto nodded, agreeing with what his friend said.

"With what Falcon had caused, there's no way the two would be friends," he said.

"What is it, Malfoy? You looked paler than your usual color," Elsie asked, because Draco looked anxious.

"You mean looking like a kid who lost his candy," Haley added.

Just then, Falcon and Richard came down from their dorms, earning Clarissa's surprise. "Wait, how did you get here? I thought you guys were with her?"

Falcon sighed, "Nice to see you too, Farmer, and please stop with the prank, I just got here."

"No one is pranking you, idiot," Draco mumbled before dashing out of the Common Room.

The group was in silence after Draco left.

"You mean to tell us, you didn't walk with Riddle just now?," Haley asked with a frown on her face, well, all of them were.

"Yes!! How many times should I–"

Falcon stopped talking abruptly as his mind registered what his Housemates were saying all the while. As his eyes turned to Richard, he understood now what the situation was all about. Richard looked at the group, all of them understood what was happening now.

Roberto spoke with urgency, "We have to help Malfoy."

Haley quickly nodded as all of them stood to their feet.

"We need to find Daniels first."