Little Butterflies

Aunt Mia went off to work that morning. Before she left, she made them some breakfast; pancakes, sausages, and scrambled eggs. She even kissed them goodbye and left for work. Almost at eight o’clock, Everly woke up with a huge yawn, stretching her arms and earning herself a relief crack. 

Hm, what should we do today?, she thought to herself. Getting up from the bed, she went to the window, and lifted it open, allowing morning air to enter the room. She took a deep breath and yawned again. Still feeling groggy, she smelled something so good that it made her stomach rumble greatly. Everly giggled.

“I ate a lot last night, but I'm still hungry,” she mumbled. Hair still frizzled, she went to Drexa’s room without even bothering to knock. She laid flat on her petite frame.

“Hcck!!”

Drexa felt like her lungs stopped working and tapped her pillow impatiently. Everly dropped her body to the side of the bed, and Drexa gulped a fair amount of oxygen, feeling happy again that she was still alive. With eyes still closed, her head whipped toward Everly.

“What’s the matter with you, you lump?”

Then, she laid her head again on her pillow. Everly shook her body slowly.

“I think I’m going for a jog this morning. You in?,” Everly asked with a hint of sleepiness in her voice. Both eyes still closed, but even so, Everly could feel Drexa was shaking her head no.

“No, thanks. I’m happy now,” Drexa replied sleepily.

“Alright.”

With that, Everly freshened up and helped herself to the breakfast that was on the table. With her wand, she easily heated the food until it was warm enough. She enjoyed it and made sure to leave some for her best friend.

“D, I’m going now, d’you need anything?,” she asked while standing by Drexa’s bedroom door. The girl only waved her hand dismissively and groaned. Everly narrowed her eyes. Before she left, she took Drexa’s pillow and hit her body.

“Evie!!!”

Everly left the house while giggling to herself. Sticking the earbuds in her ears that were attached to her iPod, she began to jog around the neighborhood. The morning air was so refreshing Everly forgot how nice it was to have a moment for herself. Considering all the piling homeworks in Hogwarts, she didn't get the time to enjoy her favorite things.

After a good three miles, Everly stopped by a lake, catching her breath as she sat down on one of the rusty benches. She stopped the music because she wanted to listen to the nature around her.

Closing her eyes, she enjoyed the simple sounds of birds chirping, the rushing breeze across her face, and the morning crowd around her.

“Enjoying the moment?”

Everly opened her eyes quickly and startled.

“Oh my!!”

She almost took out her wand from her ankle when she saw who it was. A boy with unmistakably red hair and a charming smile, but she didn't know which was which.

He lifted his hands and feigned a surprise. “Whoops, did I startle you there?”

He chuckled and gestured to the bench. “Is this taken?”

Everly was still recovering from her surprise to see a Weasley there and she shook her head. “No no, please sit.”

A moment of silence engulfed them and Everly quickly jumped to a question. “So uh, which… I mean, Fred? Or George?”

He smirked. “George.”

Both of them were enjoying a comfortable silence.

“So, George.”

“Hm?”

When George turned to look at her, she didn't know why she was feeling this weird knot in her stomach but in a good way.

“Do you live around here?”

“Sort of. I was supposed to do some errands here. We live at the Burrow.”

“The…Burrow?”

George smacked his forehead and his face spread into a smile. “Sorry, I guess I can bring you there sometimes. You know Ron, don't you? That little brother of mine?”

Everly thought for a while if she had any encounter with his brother. 

“Maybe yes, maybe no. I'm sorry though, still getting to know everyone in the school,” she apologized but George waved it away.

“That's alright. Well then, must go. Lots to do,” said George as he got up and Everly followed suit. “See you later, Everly.”

He winked and walked away, leaving Everly a little speechless at his boldness. But even so, she couldn't deny her heartbeat frantically beating faster than ever over a simple wink.