𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽.

𝙼𝙰𝙺𝙰𝚈𝙻𝙰 𝙵𝙸𝙴𝙻𝙳𝚂" 𝙺𝙰𝚈𝙻𝙰 "𓆉

𝙼𝙰𝙺𝙰𝚈𝙻𝙰 𝙵𝙸𝙴𝙻𝙳𝚂
" 𝙺𝙰𝚈𝙻𝙰 "
𓆉

"Makayla just take a deep breath and calm down. Your gonna be okay." Lia sat by my side and rubbed my back as I tried to steady my breathing.

"I-I'm okay," I said wiping my face.

"What happened? I just heard yelling and you telling Ice to leave." She told me and I sighed.

"It's her business, not mine, I'll be okay. You can go back to sleep." I told her standing up.

"You sure?" She asked and I simply nodded.

Watching as she walked out of my room I closed the door and locked it behind her going into my bathroom and just looking at myself in the mirror.

The state I was in made tears well up in my eyes again causing my vision to go blurry.

"Stop the fucking crying." My stepfather said to me as I sat on my bed wiping my tears frantically.

"I'm sorry," I said in between sobs.

It felt as if I had been hit by a car when he punched me across my face.

I held the side of my face as blood spilled out of my mouth.

"You were asking for it, look how you're dressed. Don't fucking cry now it's your own fault." He shouted at me.

"I didn't ask for any of this. This is my mother's house, not yours get your drunk friends out of here." I used every piece of strength in me as I yelled at him.

"You know what?" He began unbuckling his belt and I backed away from him.

"I'm gonna give you something to cry about, see if I ever try to do anything for you again." He yelled at me closing and locking the door.

I wiped my eyes trying to think of something else. Anything else.

Kamari always complains about how hard her life is, the stuff that she's gone through. But doesn't acknowledge the things that might have happened to the people around her.

Sure she's not a full-grown man and I'm not 15 again stuck in that house with that man and that yelling.

But just someone shouting, me being cornered can bring me right back to that moment again.

Those days.

I let out a shaky breath leaving out of the bathroom.