𝙸𝙽 𝙰𝙽𝙾𝚃𝙷𝙴𝚁 𝙻𝙸𝙵𝙴..

𝙾𝙼𝙽𝙸𝚂𝙲𝙸𝙴𝙽𝚃𝟷𝟶 𝚈𝙴𝙰𝚁𝚂 𝙻𝙰𝚃𝙴𝚁

𝙾𝙼𝙽𝙸𝚂𝙲𝙸𝙴𝙽𝚃
𝟷𝟶 𝚈𝙴𝙰𝚁𝚂 𝙻𝙰𝚃𝙴𝚁...
𝙲𝙷𝙸𝙲𝙰𝙶𝙾 , 𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙸𝙽𝙾𝙸𝚂
𓅃

Kamari sat in her car in front of her son's school. Scrolling on her phone she noticed kids coming out of the school and looked towards the building.

Scanning the teenagers her eyes landed on her son Kewan embracing a girl and pulling away making his way to the car.

Once he got into the car he sat there buckling his seatbelt, "Hey Mom."

Kamari and Makayla adopted Kewan 3 years ago, it was a long process but they wanted to start their family and even though it was tense at first. They became a perfect family.

"Mhmm, who was that girl you was hugging?" She asked starting the car and pulling away from his high school.

"What girl?" He looked at her with his eyebrows furrowed.

"You know what I'm talking bout boy," Before he could open his mouth to deny what his mother saw she started laughing at him. "You not in trouble. You're 15 if you want to have a little girlfriend you can."

"It's not even like that," He began backtracking. "She's my best friend. I don't like her like that."

"I had a best friend when I was 15 that I didn't like," She told him.

"You mean mama?" He wondered.

"Nah, this girl Monae. The moral of the story is you might think she's your best friend but I bet you she likes you." She thought back to her teenage years.

"What happened to her?" He asked and Kamari's eyes widened.

"All of that don't matter. What's her name tho?" She asked her son.

"A'mya." He smiled slightly.

"I feel like I've heard that name before," She pulled into the gas station parking lot. "That girl you be talking on the phone with at night?"

"How do you know abou—, you know what. I don't wanna talk about it."

"Because you like her? It's alright. I'm just teasing you boy. Stop being so tense, come help me get this ice." She laughed at him, as they got out of the car walking into the gas station.

"What we need ice for?" He asked as they walked to the back of the store towards the ice chests.

"It's your uncle Dee's birthday today. You know everyone coming over for the party." She told him.

"Oh yea, it's been a long week I thought that was next Friday." He grabbed 2 ice bags.

"Me too, your mothers stressing me out. She told me not to forget the ice 5 times before I left the house." She sighed carrying the ice to the cash register.