Chapter 22

Taehyung woke up in a haze of pain.

Sunlight crept into the room from between the curtains. An unfamiliar ceiling, the clearly visible packages of syringes. He could smell a sweet aroma wafting in from somewhere. When he smelled that familiar scent, he cried out his sister’s name. What happened?

He had been caught by President Min. He recalled being beaten, torn, and left to suffer until he almost died. Even though it didn’t seem like it would end, he tried to hang on with all his might. However, WooKyung-ahjussi couldn’t do it. It was unbearable watching WooKyung-ahjussi crumble and collapse before his very eyes.

In the end, Taehyung had given up the account in Luxembourg to save WooKyung’s life, but President Min didn’t hesitate to kill him anyway.

Son of a bitch. Taehyung was going to kill him. It was no longer enough to just bring him to his knees. If it wasn’t for Lisa holding him back , he would have already killed Min DaeYup by now.

What happened?

He remembered seeing Lisa. His sister’s face was pale as she ran down to rescue him. How did his sister, who had always fainted at the sight of blood, manage to come down there? More importantly, how had she managed to bring him here?

Suddenly, he heard a click as the door opened followed by his sister’s voice.

“Oppa…”

That slightly low voice that he had missed so much.

Taehyung turned his head. Lisa was wearing a soft blouse with a pair of slacks. Her hair was left down. He quickly examined his sister. She didn’t look like she’d gotten hurt anywhere.

“I told you not to come.”

At his words, Lisa looked disappointed. They were finally able to properly talk after a year of being unable to, but the first thing he did was scold her. Taehyung also didn’t like it, but he couldn’t help it.

“Don’t be ridiculous.”

Lisa approached him and gazed at his pale face.

“Do you know that you’ve been asleep for three days?”

Three days? He hadn’t realized. He had been in and out of consciousness, and everything felt like a dream.

“I didn’t know. Where are we?”

There was no way that they were at Jungkook’s house, right?

“Our house.”

Lisa said ‘our house’. For some reason, those words rubbed Taehyung the wrong way. How did Jungkook’s house become ‘our house’ to Lisa?

“What?”

“Jungkook-ssi said…”

Lisa slightly turned her eyes away. That was her habit whenever she felt awkward. Taehyung became nervous.

“What did you tell him?”

His sister’s lips were shut tight. She turned her head and looked at him.

“He found your U.S. birth certificate. There was nothing I could do.”

My birth certificate?

Taehyung frowned. His face stiffened at the realization. Jungkook knew everything. He knew who his mother was, who he was, and what they had done.

But he brought me to his house? Why?

“Are you telling me that you somehow got Jungkook to let me stay at this house?”