Chapter Thirty: Mischief

The Christmas holidays were around the corner and this year the students would be staying at Hogwarts for the Christmas break because they're is some event happening. Professor Flitwick and professor Mcgonagall called the gryffindor students and Ravenclaw students to attend a meeting in the great hall one afternoon. They split the girls and boys on separate side and Phoenix sat with Hermione as we were all confused on what's happening.

"Now that I have all you're attention" flitwick began

"This Christmas eve we will be having the Yule ball, it's a triwizard tournament tradition and I will not have you besmirching that name by behaving like a bunch of babbling bunch of baboons" Mcgonagall said

Hermione and Phoenix held there laughs in as Mcgonagall called up Ron to practice dancing and Ron looked absolutely disgusted. Phoenix glanced over and caught Fred eyeing her up and She rolled my eyes and turned to Hermione as Ron began to dance with Mcgonagall.

"Looking good Ronnie" Phoenix chuckled Ron glared at her and shook his head.

"So Phoenix are you going to go with anyone?" Hermione asked Phoenix shrugged her shoulders. She looked back over to the tall red head eyeing her up as him and George were laughing at Ron. She felt her cheeks grow warm and flutter in her stomach. Fred grew a smile and Phoenix shook her head and looked away again and rolled her eyes. Phoenix still haven't forgotten what Fred has done to her and breaking her heart, she looked down as She watched the students began to partner up and practice. Ron noticed that Phoenix didn't have a partner and so he offered.

"So how was it dancing with Mcgonagall" Phoenix chuckled as they started swaying back and forth together. Ron chuckled and spun her around

"She stepped on my toes" Ron chuckled and Phoenix joined in. Fred watched Phoenix and Ron laughing as they danced around together while Angelina was getting annoyed of Fred staring at Phoenix she had an idea slip her mind. Fred watched as Ron and Phoenix walked out holding each other's arms Fred wished nothing more then to be the one to be dancing with Phoenix at the ball. George saw how heartbroken Fred was and hated Angelina for what she's doing to his poor brother.

"Go after her" George whispered

"I can't George...she hates me" Fred sighed

"Yeah but it's Phoenix and I didn't want to tell Ron this but I can tell she misses you" George said as he pulled Fred away from Angelina and left the great hall. While Fred and George came up with a plan to talk to Phoenix. Christian was planning his own little way to talk to her. That night after dinner Phoenix went out to the black lake to sit on the rock and summoned a book to read while the snow began to fall she waved her wand and muttered a heating charm to stay warm. For once Phoenix felt at peace with everything that happened so far and she was happy Ron and Cedric have had her back the whole time and that made Phoenix feel her straight rise. Phoenix sat on the rock smiling to herself as she reads, George noticed Phoenix's long wavy brown hair as he looked outside from his dorm and George thought it would be the perfect opportunity for Fred to go talk to her.

"OI Fred better start running or you'll lose your chance" George said Fred looked confused before realizing what his brother meant by that. Fred dropped his homework and bolted out the door and went running all the way down into the court yard and sprinted across the yard to where Phoenix sat. Fred ran up and seen Phoenix sitting they're with her head down and she wasn't alone as Fred walked up he noticed Christian sitting they're stroking her hair but Fred can tell by Phoenix's body language that she was very scared.

"Go away Christian I'm trying to read" Phoenix whispered

"Come on babe I know you want me back beside that Fred seems to be happy without you" Christian said Fred stood they're quietly glaring at Christian words. Phoenix huffed and slapped Christian.