The meeting

(Santana’s POV)

Santana: (Sitting in the back of the classroom thinking) ”I have everything I could’ve ever wished for. I’m head cheerleader, I’m dating the hottest boy in school who just happens to be the schools quarterback, I’m a senior and my grades are as good as they can be. Everyone at the school knows who I am, all the guys want to date me, even some of the girls. I should be happy, I’m living the dream. This is the life every teenage girl wishes for. Yet I always feel this emptiness inside, like something is missing, but I don’t know what.”

Teacher: Ah! Santana, who was the second president of America?

Santana: (Snaps back to reality) Uh, umm, I don’t know.

Teachers: But we just talked about it.

Santana: (Feels the looks of everyone in the classroom) I know, I just have a hard time concentrating, I don’t feel very well. 

Teacher: Well, the class is almost over. Do you think you can bare with us for another 15 minutes?

Santana: (Nods)

Teacher: Good, now, class…

Santana: (Sits back and tries to concentrate)

(15 minutes later)

*Bell rings*

Teacher: Ok class, I’ll see you guys on Monday. Don’t do anything stupid during the weekend and remember, we have a test on presidents in a week. Study! If you don’t, it will show on your grade. 

Santana: (Stands up and packs up her things and gets stopped by the teacher on her way out)

Teacher: (Leans against his desk and makes a gesture with his hand) Take a seat.

Santana: (Sits down on the chair on front of his desk)

Teacher: So, Santana, what happened today? It’s not like you to not pay attention in class.

Santana: (Gets nervous) I know, I’m sorry. I don’t know what’s wrong with me I jus-

Teacher: Hey, Santana, it’s okay. You’re not in any trouble. I’m just making sure you’re ok.

Santana: (calms down) I’m fine… I’m… just a little tired.

Teacher: Well then, I’m not gonna stall you anymore. I’m sure you’re a busy young lady. Just don’t forget the test next week.

Santana: Thank you, and I won’t. (Gets up and walks out the door)

(In the hallway)