Answers part 2

A/N: I'm soon sorry for taking so long to update, which is why you get this LONG chapter. It's like 1K more words than I normally do. Some things in this chapter might not be for everyone to read. You'll notice when it comes in the end. When you see these "~~~~~~" Then it will start that part. It's nothing too serious but I need to tell you just in case.

(Santana's POV)

The tear keeps running down her cheek and soon another one follows. Her mouth is still open to speak but there are no words coming from it. 

"Britt? Come on, what does it say?" I say and grab her hands harder. She just closes her mouth and looks down at her lap, her head is moving in what could be assumed a shake. I stand up and look at her, tears are running down her face but she's not crying. She doesn't make a sound and neither do I. We both just stay in complete silence. 

Brittany raised her hand to me. The one with the letter in. I looked at it for a while before I slowly reached out to grab the letter. We both just held it for a couple of moments before a dragged it to me while Brittany let it go. I now held the answer to whether or not she made the competition. 

I'd searched for previous winners and they've turned out to be celebrities and everyone had later turned big in the business. This competition was a big deal. Like a really big deal.  We found out that there had been over 10.000 auditions last year and only 20 people made it. I wasn't going to tell Brittany all of this, it would only make her nervous and she'd panic. I would tell her after she got the news. If she didn't make it, I'd tell her that only 20 people made it, those are hard odds. If she did make it I'd tell her the same thing but tell her that it's amazing and that she was better than 9.981 other people. I wasn't going to tell her, and I didn't, but she found out. She saw when I was on my computer and she totally panicked, as suspected. Ever since she's been really nervous and completely doubted herself and her talent, and I've been the one to tell her how good she is. She didn't hear all the good things people said about her, only the less good. That's not a good way to get motivated for her. Now that the answer was here, I don' t know how she'll take it. It could be bad news, and it could be great news and I stood with the answer in my hand. 

I couldn't look, not yet. I backed away a few steps from the table where Brittany was sitting. So many thoughts were going through my head at that moment. Not only about how Brittany would react but how I would. Brittany already knew but she was still emotionless. She was looking at me as I backed away. Her eyes didn't leave the paper in my hand. Not for a second. 

I slowly raised the paper a little. I didn't look at it, not yet, I just couldn't. After this, it would all be different. All the practice, all the extra hours, all the sweat, blood and tears that Brittany had spent on this. It would either all be worth it, or it would all be for nothing. Either she made it, or she didn't. There is no in between. Not at this. I didn't know if I was ready for it to end, Brittany and I had become really close these past weeks and it had only made my feeling for her grow. Every time she smiles at me I get these butterflies in my stomach and my mind goes blank, like all the worries of the world are just gone. I'm always feeling very strongly in her presence, I'm not only happy, and I'm not only sad. Everything I feel is raised by 100%. And so is this moment. 

Brittany let her eyes go of the paper and her blue eyes met mine. She didn't have to say a word, or make a movement. I saw it in her eyes, I saw that she knew I was thinking about this and that I was hesitating but she needed me to know, and I'd do anything for her. I looked down at the folded paper I held in front of me. I slowly unfolded it so that I could see the black letters on the paper. I mumbled out loud.