Babysitting

(2 days later at Brittany’s house) (Brittany’s POV)

I didn’t know why I told a complete stranger that she, and her baby, could move in with me. But they didn’t have anywhere to go and Quinn seemed nice. Despite her temper, but she had the right to have a hot temper. Her parents kicked her out because she wanted to keep her child. Because she couldn’t give up her daughter. It was the right thing to do, to let her stay here. She’s not staying forever, she just needed someplace to stay while she’s looking for a better job, so she can get her own place. She just needs to settle down and relax for a moment, and I need a friend right now. 

Quinn: (Walks out of the shower) Oh, hey Brittany. You scared me a little

– Shhhh! She just fell asleep. I whisper to her and looks down on the little girl, lying in my arms. 

Quinn: (Smiles) Thank you, Brittany. For everything. 

I smile at her and watches her walk into her room. I sit down in the couch with Beth, still asleep in my arms, and watches her. She’s so small. I dragged my finger on her forehead. I moved it down to her hand and she held my finger in a tight grip. I smiled at her. The grip around my finger felt so nice. I didn’t have any siblings so I’d never felt this before. This was a human. A very, very small human, who will later grow up into a woman. With the guidance of Quinn, Beth will be an amazing person. I knew it, just from staring at her. 

Quinn: She must really like you.

– What? I say and look at her. She was leaning against the door to her room, wearing a pair of grey sweatpants and a pink crop top. You could se her stomach under the shirt. It had a small six-pack and she had a pierced bellybutton. It was in the shape of a water drop, a blue one.                    

Quinn: She doesn’t fall asleep that easy usually. It takes that she feels comfortable. She does that with you. 

I smile at her. 

Quinn: You must be exhausted, let me take her. 

– No, I’m good. You, on the other hand, must be exhausted. Go and sleep for a moment, I’ll watch Beth. I say and smile at her. 

Quinn: Are you sure?

– Yeah, ever since you came here, all you’ve done is unpacking and taking care of Beth. You’ve hardly slept at all. 

Quinn: Well, no. But I just don’t want you to feel like you have to. You let us live at your house, you shouldn’t have to do anything else for us. 

– Well, what if I want to? I say and smile at Beth.

Quinn: Fine, but I’m buying dinner tonight!

– We’ll see about that, now. Go to sleep. 

Quinn: (Walks into her room and closes the door)