Making dreams come true

(The next morning) (Brittany’s POV)

I woke up in the exact same position that I’d fallen asleep in, lying on my stomach with my hand in Santana’s. It felt nice and I smiled as saw a beautiful sleeping Latina in the bed that’s right next to mine. She looked so peaceful, like all worries of the world were gone. At least to her. She looked stunning. Her hair was messy but more in a sexy way. I looked down at our hands. That’s when I noticed that we weren’t holding hands anymore, instead during the night our pinkies had connected. It looked cute and I had a feeling it’d catch on. I slowly unhooked my pinkie and got out of bed to check what time it was on my phone. 

7.30 am

School didn’t start until 10.30 am since I got a message that said our teacher was sick and they hadn’t found a sub so we got first hour off, so we had some time to kill. I decided to take a quick shower and then I made some breakfast. I hoped that Santana wold be asleep when I was done. She was. She was a heavy sleeper and as I came back downstairs with some pancakes and bacon for the both of us she still laid in bed. She hadn’t moved at all but I guess that’s a good thing. I wanted to surprise her with breakfast on the bed. I put down the tray on a table in front of the couch and went up to Santana. I sat down next to her on the bed, just watching her. I didn’t want to wake her up just yet. I didn’t want to disturb the peace she had right now, the dream she was having, the quietness in the room. Only thing that could be heard right now was the sound of Santana’s breathing and the sound of my heartbeat. 

I just sat there for a couple of minutes watching her sleep. I know, it’s a little creepy but I didn’t want her to have to wake up. I know that she doesn’t like being woken up and I have to do this the right way. Last time she woke up herself and it was almost afternoon. Now, it’s 8.15 am and I have to wake her if we’re have a non stressful morning.

I decided it was time to wake her before the food turned cold. I gently leaned over to her ear. 

”Santana” I whispered to her ear, with no response. ”Santana, wake up.” I tried again, nudging at her arm. Nothing. I sat up again

I thought for a moment, debating on if I should or shouldn’t. I finally decided I should. It wasn’t a big deal, it was just me. For the third time I leaned over to her ear and whispered softly. 

”Santana? I made breakfast for you. Can you wake up please?” I said in the softest voice I could while blowing slightly on her earlobe. I moved away an inch and moved to her cheek and placed a soft kiss on the side of her face which felt pretty warm. I held the kiss for barely 2 seconds but it felt like infinity. I moved my hand up to her cheek and dragged my finger across it until I reached the tip of her lips. I stopped there, thinking I could not control myself if I went any further.

(Santana’s POV)

I’ve been awake for a while. Ever since she walked into the shower I’ve been awake. I woke up by the sound of the water. Despite what everyone thinks, I’m easily woken. I wanted to get up but I can’t do that myself. I decided to see how far she’d go easy on me with waking me up, and the first two times I barley hold myself from smiling when she touched my arm. That nudge was almost enough for my self-control to brake. This was too much for me to handle. I’m just happy she stopped before touching my lips or else I would’ve made a terrible mistake.