Regrets collect, like old friends

Santana had planned it all. She was going to let brittany have the best night of her life.

She had planned all day and made calls and had people help her, but she needed one more thing, and there was actually just one person that could help Santana with that. One person that she hadn't talked to in a long time... Quinn.

Beep... Beep... Beep...

The signal went on for a few more but soon it died out and replaced by a voice. "Hi, it's Quinn" the voice said, Santana froze for a second. She hadn't talked to Quinn in forever.

"Hello? Some one there?" Quinn said through the line. Santana shook her head quickly to break free from her trance. "Um, yeah, hi..." Santana said. The line went silent. "I-I don't know if you remember me but we went-" "Hello, Santana..."

"Hi, Quinn..." Santana said lowly. She had no idea how the blonde on the other side of the line was reacting to her call. They hadn't really ended it on the best terms. "Look, Quinn, I know that I wasn't the nicest person to you before, but, could we meet up please? I need to talk to you and I need your help... please?"

The line was silent.

"Meet me at our spot in 50 minutes." Quinn finally said and hanged up.

Santana sighed and put her phone down. She knew exactly where Quinn meant.

...

Santana sat on the ground, leaning against one of the poles that held up the bleachers. She was back at school, at the football field to be more exact. It was 3:55 pm and Santana had been there for a few minutes already, she really didn't want to be late for this meeting.

When the clock was 4pm on the dot Santana saw a blonde woman walking toward her. She was so different from how Santana remembered her. Her hair was longer, her skin was more tanned and her whole body language had changed, she was more grown up... and of course, the last time Santana had seen Quinn, Quinn hadn't carried a baby on her hip.

"Hey, Quinn" Santana said and gave the blonde a small smile. She wasn't sure how to approach this conversation.

"Hey, Santana. How have you been?" Quinn asked politely. Santana frowned a little and shook her head. "Quinn, can we just skip the smalltalk? I miss you... so much." Santana said and crossed her arms.

Quinn looked down for a second before looking back at Santana. "Santana, we can't just go back to normal and pretend like nothing happened. You shut me out completely." Santana sighed and nodded. "I know, but I've really changed... and so have you. I'm not saying that we should forget it but, can we at least move forward from it? Maybe try again?"

Quinn looked at Beth for a moment. "Of course we can San" Quinn smiled. Santana sighed deeply and pulled Quinn in for a hug. The blond chuckled a little and hugged back.

When they broke away from the embrace they chuckled a little at each other and Santana motioned for them to walk a bit.

"How are you Quinn? Really?" Santana said and couldn't help the regret that sang through her voice. She had been awful to Quinn when she found out she was pregnant. Santana had ended all contact with the girl without any explanation. Before that Santana and Quinn had been great friends. Best friends even. They did everything together and that's why it'd been such a shock to Quinn when one day her best friend abandoned her when she needed her the most.

"I'm okay, really. Me and Noah are moving in together, with Beth, and I'm going to collage. I have love and I have a daughter. Life is smiling at me at the moment. What about you?" Quinn said and moved Beth over to the other hip.