Heart shaped mornings

Santana woke up with a smile on her face. She didn't open her eyes, she didn't move, she just smiled. She was awake and she rolled over to her side. She re-played the night before in her mind and the memory only made her smile brighter. She re-played how Brittany's hair felt in between her fingers, the sound of Brittany's breath, the salty taste of her tears. She remembered all of it.

Santana slowly opened her eyes, still smiling, and turned so that she could watch the beautiful blonde sleep, or even better, look into her deep blue eyes. To her sad surprise, Brittany wasn't there. The blonde hair, blue eyes and soft body wasn't there at all. Santana looked around in the room and checked the bathroom, finding no one.

Brittany's coat was gone, as well as her shoes, phone and the car keys. Everything went through Santana's mind. Did Brittany just leave her there? What, she just panicked and left? No goodbyes, not a note, nothing.

She couldn't believe it. She had finally confessed her love for Brittany, she had told the woman she loved how she felt and it had made her feel so light. Like the weight of the world had lifted from her shoulders. Like she could do anything, as long as she had Brittany by her side. All that weight came back in less than a second.

Santana didn't know what to do anymore. She sat back down on the floor and leaned her back against the bed and her head against her knees. It all became too much and she broke, letting her tears fall freely.

Brittany closed the car door. She checked the time on her phone. 8 am. Santana should still be sleeping. She grabbed the bags from the backseat and headed inside the hotel.

She walked up to the reception and smiled at the familiar face at the desk.

"Hi!" Brittany said excitedly. Amanda looked up from the computer and smiled at the blonde.

"Hey! Brittany right? Here for the dance competition right?"

Brittany nodded and smiled. "So how did it go?" Amanda asked. "Depends on how you see it. I came second, so no contract. But I did get something much better" Brittany smiled at the thought of the beautiful Latina who was sleeping in their room.

"Really? What?" Amanda asked excitedly. Brittany smirked and raised her eyebrow slightly. "I got the girl" She then said.

Amanda gasped and squealed. "I knew you liked each other! Brittany, you two are perfect together."

"Thanks. Oh, and, could you do me a favor?" Brittany said a little quieter. "What do you need?" Amanda asked with a smirk. "I need access to the kitchen and some of the tools. Could you help me?" Brittany said with a hoping tone. Amanda just smiled and nodded. "I think I can help with that..."

(A little while later)

Santana was sitting in the chair in the corner of the room, knees to her chest. She had almost stopped crying and was mostly sobbing by now. It'd been almost half an hour. Brittany still hadn't returned.

Santana had changed into a large sweater and a pair of shorts. Her hair was in a high, messy ponytail and her face was make-up free. She didn't know what to do anymore.

Santana started to panic once again and she started pacing around in the room. Her nails were digging into her scalp but she didn't even care. She was sure that she was bleeding but all she could think about was Brittany. The beautiful blonde girl whom Santana cared for so deeply it scared her. The young woman whom she had fallen in love with. She couldn't take it anymore, not knowing where the blonde was or why she wasn't with her.

She sat down against the wall under the window and started crying again. It made her hate herself, that she was so weak. She almost never cried. And for this? A girl?