Coming home

(Santana’s POV)

Everything felt good right now. Well, almost everything. My wrist and my head hurt like crazy and all, my leg didn’t bother me. If anything, it made sure I got more time to spend with Brittany. Brittany… That beautiful blonde girl walking behind me, pushing my chair. She was talking to me, but no matter how hard I tried to concentrate, she’d do something like touching my shoulder and I’d just melt into her touch. Completely forgetting what she was talking about. I didn’t like that I couldn’t listen to her because that voice, that smooth and soft voice. I could listen to it all day.

”Santana?”

– Yeah, what 

I said, being freed from my trance. I realized she’d said something.

”So, what way?”

– Uh…

I looked around to find out where we were

– That way 

I said pointing out my arm to the right.

”Yeah, of course. We drove on this street the first day. I remember now.”

I smiled at the way she always lit up when she does something on her own. 

– How was your day at school?

(Brittany’s POV) 

”How was your day at school?”

I didn’t know how to react or if I should tell her about all the boys. I don’t know why, but I just didn’t want her to know.

– It was fine. I couldn’t concentrate at the classes after I heard you were hurt.

She didn’t say anything more but I could tell, she was smiling. We were in front of her house now and her parents ran out to her while I took a few steps back to let them have their moment. 

Maribel: Oh, Santana! Are you okay?

Michael: We were so worried about you.

”I’m okay mom. I know dad”

Maribel: I’m so happy that you’re awake.

”Well, thank Brittany. If she hadn’t shown up, I would’ve still laid in that bed. I heard her voice and I just had to see her…”

I almost cracked when she said that. She really woke up because she wanted to see me. They all turned to me and Maribel walked up to me, putting her arms around me. 

Maribel: Thank you Brittany. 

I hugged back and looked at Santana who was looking straight at me, smiling.