Wake me up. Part 2

(Santana’s POV)

– Why are you crying Brittany?

I was still weak and tired. I remember everything. I remember the ambulance taking me here, even tho everyone said I was unconscious, I knew what was going on. I was just too weak to open my eyes or move or speak. My mom tried to wake me up, I know, because I remember. I remember all the doctors trying to wake me up, but I didn’t want to. Even if I did, it was hard. 

I remember my family saying goodbye to me earlier and letting someone else watch over me. I didn’t know who it was, I never saw their face. But then I heard that voice, I heard Brittany’s voice. I tried to open my eyes or make her understand that I was awake and that I could hear her, but I couldn’t. Then she took my hand and begged me, I had to wake up. I had to see her and talk to her. I used all the strength I had in my body to try and wake up. And I did. 

– Brittany, please answer, it’s hard to talk for me.

”Santana. You’re awake.”

I formed a little chuckle even tho it was hard. 

– Yeah, I know. Now are you going to tell me why you’re crying?

”I have to call your mom and tell her that you’re awake”

She let go of my hand and I instantly missed the feeling of her warmth. 

– No.

I said and tried to sit up. I used my arms to pull me up but my hand hurt when I put weight on it and I grimaced in pain.

”Santana, no. Stop, you’re still weak!”

She ran over to me and helped me sit on the edge of the bed. She put her arm around my waist and the other one under my legs while I put my arms around her neck. She lift me up and sat me down so that my feet were hanging from the side of the bed. 

– Thank you. Can you hand me the juice.

She looked at a small table behind her and saw the glass of orange juice. She quickly gave it to me and I drank it all in the matter of seconds. 

”I’m just going to call your mom and then I’ll be right back okay?”

– No. I don’t want you to call her. Not yet.

”San, why not? She needs to know that you’re alright.”

– I know, but she’s been here all night. She needs some sleep.

She looked down on the ground and put her phone back in her bag. 

– And I need to talk to you. Alone. 

”I need to talk to you too”

I already felt much stronger from the juice and was able to have a conversation with no bigger issues.