The thought of thinking

(The next day, Saturday, 12am)

Santana couldn’t sleep much last night, and when she finally did, it was to the thought of Brittany. She thought about her all night. She dreamed about Brittany. At dinner last night she barely touched her food. When she did she almost spelled the word ‘Brittany’ in the peas. When she caught herself doing that, she quickly took her plate and put it on the kitchen counter and went upstairs. When she was in her room, she locked the door and pulled up the picture of Brittany on her computer. Then she just sat there, looking at it. It made her happy to see it. It made her happy just thinking of Brittany, she didn’t want it to, but it did. She smiled every time she thought of Brittany’s laugh. She doesn't want to feel this way, she doesn't want to think about Brittany all the time. She doesn't want to think of thinking.

Santana: (thinking) ”Why? Why do I feel this way about her? It’s like I want to be with her all the time, hold her in my arms. I want to be near her, hug her, look deep into her eyes, smell her hair, hold her hand… kiss her. I want to tell her how I feel. No! I can’t, we just met. I don’t have  crush on her, I’m straight. Always has been always will be. I have a boyfriend who loves me, and I love him. I think. It doesn’t matter if I love him or not, Brittany is definitely straight anyway. I don’t have a chance either way.”

*Someone knocks on the door*

Santana: Who is it?

Maribel: It’s me. We’re going to your brothers game now, are you coming?

Santana: No, I’ll stay home.

Maribel: No, you’re not. Not without any adults around.

Santana: Mom! You don’t have to worry, Sam’s not even in town. 

Maribel: Yes, he is. I saw him this morning at the store so don’t try to fool me. You’re not staying at home. Or going to his place. You remember what happened to Quinn, right?

Santana: (Confused about why Sam hadn't told her he was home) Mom!! Fine, I’ll go out but I’m not going to the game. 

Maribel: Where are you going then?

Santana: I’ll go to the park or something.

Maribel: Fine, be home at 4pm

Santana: No worries. 

Maribel: Good, we’re going now. Keep your phone at you just in case I need to call you. Love you, bye!

Santana: Bye.

*Noah, Maribel and Michael (Santana’s dad) drives off*

Santana puts on her shoes and goes to the park. It’s a sunny and warm day. When she gets to the park she sees a familiar face. Brittany.

She hasn’t seen Santana yet so Santana takes a moment to look at her. She is wearing a pair of tight, light blue, jogging pants. To that she’s matching off with a light blue sports bra. Just like the one on the picture. Her hair is tied up in a tight, nearly perfect ponytail. The sweat has started to pearl on her forehead. It looks like she just finished her round since she is stretching against a tree. Santana notices how extremely flexible she is. She is wearing headphones so if Santana doesn't call on her, she'll probably not notice her. Just at that thought, Brittany turns her head at Santana and sees her.