Making friends

(Brittany’s POV) (Three days later)

”Don’t think even think about it! You’re not calling her. You have to give her time”

I grabbed my phone and tossed on the bed. I closed the door behind me and went down to the kitchen to grab something to eat. There was a slice of pizza left after I and Santana had eaten the rest. I just stood there, watching it as I felt my eyes tear up. After a while I sat on the floor, leaning against a wall, crying. I’d only felt this sad two times in my entire life. It hurt. It hurt so much knowing that I hurt someone I cared about. I just sat there for almost half an hour, then I took that last slice of pizza. I sat in my bed and ate it, looking out over the town. I decided to go down to buy some coffee. It was only 1pm so I figured that Santana was at school. I hadn’t gone to school this week, mainly because I didn’t want to be the new girl at school. That’s always been hard for me. I’ve gone to 10 different schools through out the past 3 years. At every school I’ve tried to start over, but I couldn’t. Pretty much everyone knew who my mom was, and they took advantage of it. At the first school, a girl there became my friend, or maybe a little more than a friend. She was my first girlfriend, my secret girlfriend. She followed me home one day, and a few days after that we had a break in. The police caught her and we got all our things back, but my mom decided we had to move. After that we just never found a place that we could stay at. Then my mom got me this place, and I’m not moving. Not this time.

Cashier: What can I get you, blondie?

– Can I have a coffee and a chocolate muffin, please? I said with a quite low voice. The girl behind the counter was about my age. She had blond hair, just like me. Hers was a little shorter than mine. She wore a working uniform so I don’t really know her style, but she was pretty. Really pretty. 

Cashier: (Smiles sarcastically) Well, that’s what we sell here so yes, yes you can. (Makes my order and gives it to me) That’ll be 3$.

– Here, keep the change. I said as I handed her 10$.

Cashier: Alright. Because my work here isn’t paying me enough so I need your money to be able to take care of myself? 

– What? No, I didn’t mean it like that, I was just trying t–

Cashier: Yeah, you were just trying to be nice to the girl who lost everything, because she made a stupid mistake and got herself knocked up? Isn’t that right? Because that’s what everyone from here thinks of me. 

– Well, I’m not from here. I say and looks at her. I know who she is, or at least I think I do. I remember that Santana mentioned a ”Quinn” that got pregnant. It’s not that many people in Lima who gets pregnant at this age, so i’m guessing it’s her.

Cashier: Whatever. Next!

I slowly went out of the coffeeshop. I sat down on a bench behind the store. From there I could see the school. I didn’t see any people, but I saw the school. I sipped on my coffee and was going to take a bite of my muffin when I heard something behind me.

*Door slams open and the girl walks out, yelling madly at a man behind her*