Prom?

Weeks past and graduation was soon catching up on them, and with graduation... prom.

Santana and Brittany had both avoided talking about it. It wasn't something that they really knew how to deal with. Santana still wasn't out at school, and as far as Brittany knew, she wasn't planning on it either.

They were closer now than ever, and perhaps a little too close for what the world was "just friends". After the day in the janitors closet, Santana and Brittany started working on small and unnoticed ways of showing affection towards the other.

Everything from small things like Brittany tapping her pencil on the table four times meant "I'm thinking about kissing you" or how Santana would change her ponytail from one side and then change it back again would be her saying "I love you", to bigger things like when they would lock pinkies in the hallway.

It was their way of holding hands, because they understood that they couldn't hold hands completely without people getting suspicious. They would lock pinkies, and it was like no one could touch them. The world was theirs if they wanted it. When they walked down the hall together pinkie in pinkie they were almost exactly where they wanted to be. It was, to them at least, more intimate than to hold hands, because this was their thing. Their way. Their's. No one else's, but their's.

They were lying in Brittany's bed, they had gotten home from school about an hour ago and were now kissing softly in the privacy of Brittany's bedroom.

"I love you" Brittany whispered softly and started planting gentle kisses down Santana's neck.

"Mmm, I love you too Britt" Santana answered and ran her hand up and down Brittany's back. When Brittany got to the end of Santana's throat she laid her head down on the brunette's chest and sighed.

"Everything alright, Britt?" Santana asked and stilled her hand while moving so she could see her girlfriend better.

"Yeah, San, I just love you so much... and I guess it's a little hard not being able to show everyone" Brittany shrugged.

Santana kissed Brittany's head, lingering her lips on Brittany's soft hair.

"Baby..." Santana cooed

"Santana, I know why. And I absolutely don't want you to do anything you don't want to. I'm not pressuring you. Okay? It's just, the prom is coming up, and neither one of us has even mentioned how we're gonna do. But I'm not asking you to do anything you're not comfortable with." Brittany said seriously and raised her head to look Santana in the eyes.

Santana could see the pure honesty in her eyes, but also the slight sadness.

She wanted more than anything to be in an open relationship with Brittany. To hold her hand and kiss her in public... To take her as her date to prom...

Prom had since she was a little girl been a dream to her. She'd dreamed of her date picking her up, and her parents embarrassing her a little with wanting to take photos. They'd go together to prom, both looking fabulous and stunning. They'd get some punch, dance all night long along with their friends, and at the end of the night, Santana would walk up on stage, and take her crown for prom queen.

She had it all figured out back then, of how she wanted it to be. But it wasn't that easy anymore.

She wanted more than anything to take Brittany as her date to prom, and she was planning on it.

She'd been thinking about a way to take Brittany as her date without making it too obvious to the outside.

"Brittany, I know you would never do anything to push me, and I love you so much for that. How do you want to do with prom? It's only two weeks left." Santana said and sat up to look at Brittany.