Chapter 69

A.N.:
My dearest darlings!
I have just completed my last year of university! I can't believe I am done and I am terrified and excited about the journeys that await me in the future. I am only waiting for my results on my portfolio dissertation in creative writing so please keep your fingers crossed!!! but now that my creative juices are no longer needed for my university, I sat down and finally finished Chapter 69. A warning to you all, it's quite the chapter, spicy, dramatic and exciting -- not safe for work ;)  (As I was writing this, it I realised that bedding ceremonies in the past were be a bit unpleasant and sometimes quite rapey...   however I tried to make this experience not one of those, but I understand it might still be triggering, so I am giving you an official trigger warning.) This chapter was inspired by Reign and Downton Abbey, I've been waiting so long to share this with you! Be warned and enjoy this crazy ride! I hope to hear what you think!

Lots of love,

Wiki xxx

---

Chapter 69

Louise hissed and sent thunders at me when I squeezed her hand so tight I might have dug my nails into her palm. I sent her an apologetic look, and she motioned me to take a deep breath. I tired. My corset seemed to prevent me from breathing regularly, and all I could muster were shallow inhales.

We stood at the foot of the four-poster bed in the bridal chambers. An abundance of candles and white roses decorated the room, creating an eerie ambience. It felt as if I was led to my deathbed rather than to my marital one. The praying members of the court, lead by the archbishop who muttered blessings in Latin, amplified the morbid feeling. Two young altar boys adorned in starched white collars tiptoed behind the priest and drenched the room in the musty stench of Frankincense. After a final blessing, the archbishop removed himself to the side only to be replaced by two maids who approached the bead and rolled back the golden brocade bedcover. They revealed the pure white linens. The same ones that were expected to bear the blood of my virginity before the ceremony was over.

I felt a gulp rise to my throat. Not now, not now. I would not allow myself to be sick. I stifled nausea, which was quickly replaced by violent shivering.

'My darling wife, can this be the nerves of the innocent bride playing up?' Laughed Albert, clearly noticing my state. He was standing on my right side, and rosy from all the wine began unbuttoning his cuffs.

'You know me well, dear sir,' I mustered a smile, still not letting go of Louise, 'I have been anticipating this moment for a while, my husband.'

'This is the most anticipated moment, my husband.'

'Your anticipation will soon be over, my beautiful bride, and you will forget the innocence of virginity.' He spoke loudly, clearly aware that everyone listened to our conversation.

An amused murmur went through the crowd. Albert leaned close to me with the dark gleam in his grey eyes and whispered in my ear as if he wished to imitate a lover.

'Not that you would know what innocence of virginity is.'

My eye twitched, and my breathing shallowed. Louise squeezed my hand to lend me courage while I stared at his devilish smile.

'Perhaps I would have known if you hadn't taken it away from me two years ago,' I hissed as quietly as I could, 'You cannot expect anyone to believe I am still a...

He shut me up with a firm kiss, taking hold of my arms. Louise let go of me immediately, stepping aside. I felt panic rising within me. When he broke away from my lips, there was a smile of triumph painted across his face.