Chapter 64

A.N.:

Bonjours mes amis! 

I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE 40 THOUSAND READS! I AM OVERJOYED. 

I cannot express how thankful I am to each and every one of you that takes time to read my little romantic rambling about the revolution. When I was starting this story back in October 2016, I had no idea it would go on to grow into an entire massive novel that was with me through my final hours of highschool and the the first two years of university. This story has seen the best of me and the worst, it is what has kept me going when life seemed dark and unbearable, and now when life seems like it might be good once more, It is my escape and my freedom. I cannot express how happy I am that all of you stayed long enough to see Victorie stumble through love and revolution, and I hope you will stick around until she finishes what she has started. I love you all so so much with all my heart! And I thank you so so much! You mean the world to me!

Ps: I am back with a long juicy chapter for your enjoyment my dears. Guess what works as the perfect inspiration: an essay due in two days. Well, I leave you all with the excitement of reading and commenting and I'm running to do research on Frankenstein and Paradise lost <3 I love you all, and I'm super excited for the next upcoming chapters. Stuff is getting down!! The drama, the excitement, the revolution!

Don't forget to comment and vote! xx

love,

Wiki x

----------------------

Chapter 64.

The sunlight was shining through the stained glass of windows, giving the corridor a mystical multicolour vibrant gleam. I kept moving forward, accompanied by the metallic clinking of the king's guards shoes. The sound kept ringing in my head, reminding me of drums announcing an execution. This felt pretty much like going to one. I had to keep moving towards my fate, no matter how terrifying it was. In the end, once everything was done... at least there would be silence.

My mind tried to keep up with the decision to get this over and done with as quickly as possible.  I could almost feel my brain working at the highest speed, trying to find a proper way to explain everything to my friends and make sure they wouldn't want to kill me in the end. Easy, right? How to convince someone you have openly betrayed that you are still on their side? How to make them believe that I was not an agent of the crown? That I was still their friend? That was going to be a breeze, right?

Oh, no, wait... I was doomed.

God, I should think I would have gotten used to this by now! To think that for a moment I considered my doom an original thought. I have been doomed since the moment I walked through the door to Cafe Musain for the first time... or perhaps even since the night of that foolish ball two years ago... I chuckled at myself in a hopeless manner, and just for a moment I lost balance, tripping over the hem of my skirt. When I regained my balance, I burst out in a fit of hysterical laughter. I needed help, I was officially losing my mind. I hid my face in my hands to cry. Then it hit me, what if those mood swings were caused by the baby? Great, I did not need to be an emotional ticking bomb when I had a dangerous plan to conjure.

"Victorie? Are you quite alright?" I heard a voice, that definitely did not belong to one of those half-wit guardsmen of my father. I looked up with tears in my eyes, and saw my older brother, heading my way through the corridor. He had a worried look on his face, it was almost... as if... perhaps... perhaps he was the answer to my prayers.

"Oh thank God, Ferdie," I whispered, and sprung forward between the soldiers to reach the boy, and landed in his embrace, "this is all so horrible, I am going insane, Ferdie," I whispered into his ear so that father's puppets would not hear us. The heir to the throne looked at me with such concern that, in that very moment I was convinced he was on my side.