CHAPTER 44.

Chapter 44: Happily Married Life. 

*

"Happiness [is] only real when shared" 

-Jon Krakauer-

*

The evening was lit up with lights, laughter and radiant faces. The Reza-Ibrahim backyard was filled with people mingling and chatting about various affairs such as business, politics and weddings.

The women gathered around the large open floor with glasses in their hands as they raised it for Lila Reza-Ibrahim gaining another daughter-in-law. Lila had laughed at their toast but she knew her colleagues meant well.

"Ma!" Lila's attention was drawn towards Rabail who was rushing towards her with a grin. Lila immediately excused herself from the group and turned to her daughter-in-law. Rabail engulfed her in a hug; almost tripping her off her feet. Lila laughed as she patted Rabail's head.

"Yes, I missed you too Habibti." She said and Rabail laughed, letting her go.

"As salaam alaikum," she said, pushing away her bangs off her face. Lila replied her salutations and linked their arms together before walking towards Iravat and his father.

"Why are you late?" she questioned Rabail as they walked.

"I came home late. You should have seen Irav yelling in the house, ma. The man is despicable!" Rabail complained making Lila laugh.

"Let me guess, she complained again?" Iravat questioned his mother who glanced at Rabail before shrugging.

"That's between us. Now, can either one of you check up on Islah. Everyone is asking about him."

"They are on their way," Iravat replied with a small smile. His eyes were trained to his wife the entire time and it made Rabail, the happiest woman around. Lila was happy that her sons have found women they could love and cherish forever. Such good women, they have found. She thought with a smile.

Everyone around them stared at the family; some with happiness, some with envy while a few with blank expressions. The family, however, remained oblivious to their stares and instead, talked and laughed with each other. Their happiness radiated around the area making others smile too. To achieve this level of happiness must have required so much patience, and it was true. 

The couple of the evening arrived a while later and made their way to their family immediately. Lila kissed Yusra's forehead and blessed the two before Dawud blessed them and then a few other elderly family members did so. Yusra and Islah were then greeted by the Abideen family.

Dawud hugged his daughter and smiled brightly down at her. His noor was finally married and ready to start her own life. His heart tugged and ached at the thought of it but he prayed that his daughter would be happy.

Nasreen was also very emotional; seeing her only daughter married and happy, she remembered the times when Yusra was not but a child with her antics and her innocence. Time flies by fast.

Once Yusra had met her family, Lila and Nasreen ushered her and Rabail towards their group of friends. Women gathered around Yusra, wanting to know more about her while Rabail laughed quietly beside her. She had been through it all once and was glad it was over. These women can be a handful, she had warned Yusra. But Yusra had underestimated handful.

The one compliment that was whispered through the crowd was how the Reza-Ibrahim were a family of geniuses; including their daughter-in-laws.

"You okay?" Islah asked Yusra later that evening, when they set down for dinner in the lawn. Yusra smiled at him. The Reza-Ibrahims and the Abideen's had seen everyone off to the gates and now only the two families remained. The evening went well. The newly wedded couple met everyone in their family's circle, a few of A&X employee's had joined them later on and a whole lot of pictures were taken to commemorate the Nikah of Islah Reza-Ibrahim to Yusra Uz-Zamaan Reza-Ibrahim.