CHAPTER 4.

Chapter 4: A&X. Inc.

*

"Do 

or 

Do not. 

There is no try."

-YODA-

*

For the next few days, Yusra became busy. With the extra club activities she had and the upcoming basketball that everyone was raving on about had kept her busy. She barely made time to eat and when she did, it was in a rush. She honestly could not wait to be home and resting that weekend.

By the time the week came to an end, her anxiety took its peak. A & X. Inc has not replied yet. By Friday afternoon, she was stumped knowing that she did not get in. But I did so well at their software testing! Don't tell me because I gained access, they don't want me?!

Her fellow colleague, Zain Khan took a seat beside her on the bench and gave her a smile.

"You didn't get any emails too?" he questioned and she shrugged, leaning onto the wooden bench. Zain's blue eyes glinted against the sun as he continued to smile at her.

"It is okay. None of us got any emails. I am sure you'll get in" he told her and she nodded at him, closing her eyes.

"Why are you here?" she questioned him, not opening her eyes. Zain's eyes never left her face for a minute.

"Because you are here" he replied simply. Yusra knew Zain liked her. But for heaven's sake, the amount of hints she dropped that she didn't reciprocate his feelings were immense. So much, that Yusra was sure everyone, even the dust around her, knew she did not like him back except Zain himself. She let out an audible sigh.

"Zain. Don't you have classes now?" she asked him and his eyes widened before checking his watch. He indeed had a class and he was late. He turned to her and grinned.

"I am glad you know my schedule. Do come to see me play today afternoon" with that, he stood up and ran. Yusra let out another sigh just when her phone's notification popped up. She picked it up and opened her email.

A & X. Inc. She grinned as she opened it. She knew she had been accepted. She tapped in a confirmation reply before sending it. She then called her father to let him know she was in.

Great things come to the patient.

-

Three days later, Yusra stood infront of the large building that read A & X. Inc in bold white letters. The building was small compared to the ones around it but Yusra knew its worth. She stood outside for a while, taking deep breaths. It's okay, Yusra. It's okay. You got this! She repeated the words like a mantra until her breathing evened out. This is a huge deal! I am interning for one of the top IT companies in all of Asia! She straightened her back and checked the time on the black casio digital wristwatch. 8:40am. They had a reporting time of 9am.

Yusra did a final check of her outfit (the same one she took an hour to put together today morning). She straightened her wine colored button down skirt which fell a little above her ankles and then the white top she had paired with it. The top read Summer in yellow with the sun and beach cartoon around. Her hijab was wine colored too. The entire outfit was paired with white Nike Airforce ones.