CHAPTER 26.

Chapter 26: Away. 

*

"My heart dances with joy when I think about you."

-Debasish Mridha-

*

To see Islah was becoming a challenge for Yusra. The programming department had become insistently busier as days went by and Yusra fell all caught up with work, assessments and family. Her parents were viewing potential candidates for Maha's marriage (she had a hoard of them coming in after the wedding at the city hall.) and Yusra hoped one of them was Nahwan, the unknown person her cousin was smiling about.

Maha had asked her about Islah on that same night and she had come clean. She told Maha about how she liked him and thought he might like her too, she told her about their little escapes and she also told her about how she fainted. As much embarrassing as it was for her, it had to be done. By the time she was done with her stories, Maha was a squealing and laughing mess and it was in the wee hours of the morning.

So Yusra prayed Tahajjud before heading to bed, hoping her prayers would get answered. So far, nothing though.

It was already Friday and she was running on caffeine alone. Her mother has been having late nights this week so she basically has no breakfast. Maha does get her lunch delivered at the office but really, she needs better food than sandwich.

She was finally done with the amendments of The Aerarium and had to submit it to Izak. Izak was by far one of the best people she met. He was strict, organized and way ahead of everyone else. He also treated her equally as other employees of his department which meant she was given equal opportunities, something she was deprived off at the Strategic department. Robert is great but his supervisors can be a little judgmental when it comes to her.

She picked up the USB and headed to Izak's office when her phone buzzed with notification. All interns to move to the conference room immediately, she read. It was from Markos. She sighed and shut the backlight of her phone off before knocking on Izak's door. The man called out a come in and she entered.

"The Aerarium final copy." She told him and he nodded at her gruffly.

"Leave it at the table. The interns have a meeting," he informed her and she nodded before bidding him goodbye and walking out.

She walked upstairs to the sixth floor and walked into the conference hall, immediately spotting Zain and Jackson. They waved and she walked over to the front and took her seat, opposite the boys.

"Hi," she said, taking a seat. Old Han made an entrance and took a seat beside her.

"Hey," He said.

Markos cleared his throat and all of them turned to him.

"Good afternoon," he said and a round of replies took place. Markos smiled. "We have successfully completed another set of training. I must say, we are thoroughly impressed with all your performance."

Yusra silently prayed she made it to the top this week. She had been working her nights off for this one; making amendments to The Aerarium, rechecking codes for a new program and running security measures on all their systems. They have so much security measures!, Yusra had whined by the end of it. It was indeed a lot, taking away her sleep and eating time. And Islah time, her mind added. She blushed slightly. She had been thinking about the lad alot and it made her happy. Okay, stop Yusra. This is not the time nor the place to think about Islah, her mind chided.